Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Murphy knows...

tag
live-n-learn
Contributor

Murphy knows...

Why does murphy show up when you're  trying to accomplish  something?? 

I'm saving money like crazy for my down pymt & closing costs.   Trying not to use my credit cards for anything.  Seems like I constantly take 2 steps forward and one step back. 

I'm  really just venting, but it's a little depressing when you're  really trying hard. :-(

My FICO - As of 07/2018
Equifax 730
Transunion 732
Experian 743
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Murphy knows...

You didnt mention if something happened to sidetrack you - I am guessing it did.

My best suggestion - keep your eye on the prize and never give up!

If you cant go over the mountain, go around it.  If you cant go around it, go through it in a tunnel.  If you cant go through a tunnel, start digging under it.  And keep your eye out to see if someone else has made it so you can use their technique.

BTW, you said not using your CCs, I am assuming you mean not carry a balance, but using them to record a purchase  periodically and  just not having more than 9% UTI over any one individual card, and not over 9 with all of them?  Having a zero balance on all of them is a slight penalty in your scoe also.

HTH

ETA: forgot to mention - just plan for contingencies and minimize your risks, like get insurance and make conservative financial decisions until you're done.  And remember, life happens and sometimes you have to fix or replace something.  Example - things are very tight for me right now and I had a tiny cash reserve saved up.  My car decided it was time for its six month ride on the back of a AAA flat bed tow truck and refused to start while running errands.  My car is described as 'on the level, this is a good car'.  That means it wont go up or down a hill very well, but on the level, its a good car.  I had to have the fuel pump replaced and that took my cash reserves, plus a 100 CC bill for the parts.  But its back on the road again and life happens.

Message 2 of 4
live-n-learn
Contributor

You're  right,

I didn't  get specific but you're  absolutely right. And trust me, I know first hand that you have to keep pushing through because anything worth having is worth working for. 

I just took a moment to vent because I had a tire blowout on my way to work which turned in to me needing to replace all 4 tires ( which I knew was coming) just not this soon. Then I get to work and find out the last house I rented is trying to stick me with ridiculous charges.  I know I can fight this but it's just knowing I have to go through the bull. Just bad timing. I don't want/ need anyone threatening  my credit profile right now and I really don't need to be shelling out extra money while trying  to save.

I know that many people have to deal with similar issues and that's what makes this board so good, getting encouragement, advice, and knowing your not alone.

I'm going to take your advice and keep moving forward.   My mortgage loan has be pre-approved, my home is in the process  of being built, and I'm  going to keep moving forward the best way possible. 

Thanks myfico family!!!

My FICO - As of 07/2018
Equifax 730
Transunion 732
Experian 743
Message 3 of 4
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Prioritize.

I'm going through my own Murphy moment and after working some ludicrous number of hours over the last month, my listed manager pretty much threatened to fire me this evening if I didn't show up tomorrow... when I'm either getting a doctor's appointment moved up or going to urgent care so told him what I thought of that.  This is when Chase is funding my loan tomorrow for closing Wednesday: spectacular timing, we'll see if he was bluffing or not as I'm more than happy to resign on Thursday if they request it.

As the prior poster suggested, focus on the end goal not on the individual setbacks along the way.  If you get set back some number of months in your mortgage quest, that doesn't really matter all that much in the grand scheme that is life, so fix whatever needs fixing, and then retool, rearm, and start mortgage chasing again.

        
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.