cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Music to my ears--I'm cleared to close! Yay!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Music to my ears--I'm cleared to close! Yay!

As some of you know I've been an emotional wreck these past few weeks. I've not been sleeping well, eating way to much (late nights), worrying, obsessing all over this house. It even started to effect my usually very good job performance. I started making stupid mistakes on important paper work. I simply couldn't concentrate. Be glad I'm not a doctor, lol.

This evening I got the email from my LO, clear to close! I was in shock and elated all at the same time.  I can't logically explain why I did this but I broke down in tears. Crying uncontrollably. This lasted for at least a good 30 mins. I felt as if a weight had been lifted and I was thrilled but I just couldn't stop crying. Don't get me wrong, I know things can and still go wrong but as of now, my LO is trying to set it up to happen Friday afternoon around 3-4pm. It's possible it wont happen until Monday morning though. My realtor and my LO had a disagreement about the title company and I don't believe they are communicating very well at this point. I've stayed out of it but I saw emails from my realtor saying I wanted to use one title company when in fact I didn't care. We had never discussed title companies at all. My loan officer had it set up through another title company because they are faster he said.  I hadn't ever heard of either company till a few days ago. I have complete trust in my LO though. 100% and if anyone out there is looking for someone who can do USDA guaranteed loans, just pm me and I will recommend him and once I post my  complete story, everyone will understand why. He is fantastic. My file only got back from USDA late yesterday or early this morning. I basically sent him a whine-11 email begging him to make it happen ASAP and he did just that. I think it took my realtor by surprise and since its in her hands now, I'm afraid it wont be until Monday morning. There is more to this story, much more and I will post about it AFTER I have the keys in my hands but for now it really does look like I will have the keys either Friday afternoon or early Monday morning and it can't happen a min too soon. Thanks to each and everyone of you who have helped me get through this most difficult, trying time though not quite over with yet, its close, very close.

I don't know where Leppy is in her quest for home ownership but I know both our files were submitted on the 11th (she is in a neighboring state though) but I hope she is next to post "clear to close."  I'm sincerely praying for each and everyone of you in pursuit of your dreams of owning a home. I know just how much it means.  Keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well with the closing. Wishing I didn't know what could go wrong.  I wont rest easy until it's really over but at least I'm almost home!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Music to my ears--I'm cleared to close! Yay!

You're there! Oh my goodness! I am so overjoyed you got cleared to close! I know my tears will come out at some point. I can feel the emotion I will feel when I am all moved into to my new home and I walk outside to look out on the balcony of the backyard deck and look at the view and reflect. I feel that will be a very emotional moment for me so expect more tears. But happy tears. I know how hard you worked for this moment as I know every homeowner and homeowner-to-be has had mountains to climb to be a homeowner. It takes time and A LOT of patience as for a lot of people, it has been a 5-7 year road to get to hear the words, cleared to close.

These moments are going to be some of the best in your life, so enjoy them and savor each moment!

CONGRATS! :-)
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much. You are right, its been a long hard road. Very long and at times I almost gave up. I'm so glad now that I didn't. I can't wait to be on my back deck, gazing out onto a pond in the distance, watching the sun go down and taking a deep breath. A big huge sigh of relief. I'm sure I will cry some more then too considering what its taken me to get there. Best to you and yours and I sincerely hope you enjoy your new home. Everyone here has had to overcome some huge obstacles. We are all buying or trying to buy homes in one of the most difficult time as far as lending goes...yet we've done it. That's proof that with hard work, grit and determination anyone can still achieve the American Dream. Those of you out there who aren't quite there yet, don't give up!

Message 3 of 10
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

+1, beautifully stated. Your backyard sounds absolutely beautiful! I can't wait until you move in!!! We are all cheering you on! This is the finish line and you got there. I know your stomach has probably been in knots. I can actually feel the knots in my stomach and like you, I haven't been sleeping well. I stay up late reading mortgage documents, typing letters, and signing and faxing documents, and then I wake up early in the morning and I have been eating just one meal a day so I know how stressful this has been for you. Just know you are not alone in this journey...we are all there with you.

Keep the updates coming! :-)
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 4 of 10
Sunshine85
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on getting your clear to close! Please post a pic of your backyard pond view after closing so that we can all enjoy. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm so happy for you LA! Congratulations. I know you must be over the moon. Bet your packing now! Can't wait til you have your keys in hand!

I'm still waiting on usda. My closing is scheduled for 2 tomorrow but having not yet heard from them I'm guessing it's not going to happen. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 10
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Congrats
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone...but I know its still not a done deal till the ink has dried so no, I'm not packing just yet. I'm being cautiously optimistic. Leppy, your state probably just hasnt done your file yet. Once they get it done it will happen quickly. My state just got my file done and sent back Tuesday afternoon or Wed morning. My LO went straight to work to get this done for me ASAP.  I had some "circumstances" going on that made it imperative he rush it up and he did. I will post all about it once the ink has dried. I'm afraid to at this point.  Now its up to my realtor to get it set up for tomorrow afternoon. If she can't, it will be Monday morning and my bet is..it will be Monday morning. UGH, another weekend to sweat it out.  I hope not though. I sent her a whine-11 email this morning, lol.

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!  Glad to hear you have a LO who can really push things through and make it happen.  After waiting on the USDA, I'm sure the next couple days will breeze by.  You'll be on that deck before you know it.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I've got to say, I do have the best LO imaginable. He is always willing to go the extra mile to make things happen and very understanding. I'd recommend him and his company to anyone!  They can do USDA loans for people with lower credit scores than mine too. I know because they were willing to do mine back when I was just at 620.  The deal fell through because the house didn't appraise for enough.   This time around I had a 665 TU middle score but due to my ignorance, I had a lot of overdrafts and was afraid I wouldn't get the loan but he made it happen anyway.  There was a lull in communication for a few weeks at one point but he may have been on vacation for all I know. Once it was sent to USDA on the 11th of Jan, the communication picked back up and everything was great.  He told me all along not to worry but I worry. I wont completely believe its done till I have the keys in my hand.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.