cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Closing, and a VERY unexpected story!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Closing, and a VERY unexpected story!

*Sigh of relief!*

Its over! I truly thought I was going to throw up about 30 minutes before I left for the closing, but I held it together, lol

Not only did it go smooth, but I have to tell you about the sellers!

Three little old ladies, the home belonged to their deceased sister, Wilma. Wilma built the house in 1951 and her & her husband Robert were the only people to ever live there.

Before we signed the papers, one of the little old gals sais to me "I've been dying to ask you about something!". At this point I feel like I'm gonna throw up again, LOL. She goes on to tell me she buried a St. Joseph statue in the yard, and 3 weeks later the house sold. Apparently, she needs to dig it up, which I said was fine. She then said "But, it is also supposed to now be kept in the house. You can put it in a closet or anywhere you want, but it needs to be in the house". Now I'm not a religious person at all, but I thought the whole thing was very sweet and told her of course, she can come by and get it any time and I will be glad to keep it. But wait, thats not all! After everything was signed, another of the old gals reaches in her purse and pulls out a boxed angel ornament, she tells me "This is the last gift Robert ever gave Wilma, we want you to have it" Smiley Surprised

I almost started bawling! LOL. I told them that was the sweetest thing I'd ever heard of, and asked them if they were sure they didn't want to keep it, and they all said no, it belonged in Wilmas house. OMG it was hard not to cry!!!

Anyway, I guess thats how my home buying journey ends. Now the not so fun part of moving begins, yay!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
violetsmom
Regular Contributor

Re: My Closing, and a VERY unexpected story!

Awwww!  That is a super sweet and awesome story!  Congrats!!

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a wonderful story! Congrats on your new home! Hopefully I will be in the same situation before the year is out! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 18
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Wow! Congratulations on such a heart warming closing - sounds like you have a wonderful home in which to raise your children. Enjoy your move! Make it fun, it can be now that the house is actually yours! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Beautiful.  And a fitting end to your journey to homeownership.  Congratulations!!!

Message 5 of 18
MissMia75
Frequent Contributor

i am balling right now.  That was a beautiful storySmiley Happy

Starting Score: 06/2011 505 EX 523 Lender Pulled
Current Score: 08/2011 628 EX 575 Lender Pulled
11/14/2011 TU 584

Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
***Closed on my home 05/18/2012***

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StartingOver10 wrote:

Wow! Congratulations on such a heart warming closing - sounds like you have a wonderful home in which to raise your children. Enjoy your move! Make it fun, it can be now that the house is actually yours! Smiley Happy

LOL! Thanks, but its more like a wonderful home for the grandchildren to visit, our kids are grown and have families of their own Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 18
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@StartingOver10 wrote:

LOL! Thanks, but its more like a wonderful home for the grandchildren to visit, our kids are grown and have families of their own Smiley Wink

Smiley HappySmiley Happy Lol...can't tell from your posts!

Message 8 of 18
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

Best. Closing. Story. EVER.

OMG, please tell me you are writing all of that down and putting it somewhere in a place of honor in your house. A shadowbox frame maybe?  What a beautiful way to begin your next chapter!

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thankfulheart wrote:

Best. Closing. Story. EVER.

OMG, please tell me you are writing all of that down and putting it somewhere in a place of honor in your house. A shadowbox frame maybe?  What a beautiful way to begin your next chapter!

I haven't figured out how to memorialize it all yet, but yeah, it seemed like such a good vibe to kick things off at the new house, I have to honor it all somehow. They obviously cared so much for their sister, I really want to respect their connection to that house.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.