cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My FICO went down 18 points in a month!!! Hope it doesn't jeopardize my mortgage!!!

tag
donkort
Valued Contributor

My FICO went down 18 points in a month!!! Hope it doesn't jeopardize my mortgage!!!

Hi there,

Since I raised my credit utilization by $3,000, my FICO score went down 18 points, down to 710 Equifax.  My Experian score (my middle score) would be 697 at this rate of decrease.

If I pay down $1,500 of the $3,000 by late September (it seems as if all report around the 27th), how much would my FICO increase?

Also:  I'm applying for a mortgage ("conditionally approved" already).  It's for $95,000; my LTW is a bit more than 50%.  Should I inform my lender of the changes before he does a hard pull again (after all is said and done with the appraisal?) 

Thank you for any responses and advice.

FICO 8: EQ 810; TU 816; EX 822 as of 7/5/2022
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rockymtngrl
Frequent Contributor

Re: My FICO went down 18 points in a month!!! Hope it doesn't jeopardize my mortgage!!!

what type of loan is it?
Message 2 of 5
donkort
Valued Contributor

Re: My FICO went down 18 points in a month!!! Hope it doesn't jeopardize my mortgage!!!

10 year fixed, at 5.625% APR
Message 3 of 5
donkort
Valued Contributor

Specifically, the $3,000 is credit card debt.
Message 4 of 5
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Locking this thread and redirecting to a more detailed thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=loans&thread.id=53959
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.