Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Home Buying Timeline

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Home Buying Timeline

When we first started to look for a home 2 months ago, we really had NO idea what to expect.  I wasn't aware that the home buying timeline was SO stretched out and I couldn't really find any answers on how long certain steps would take, so I thought I would provide my timeline here in case anyone else might be wondering the same thing.  Keep in mind that states are different, loan companies are ALWAYS different, everyone's experience will definitely be unique.

This was an FHA loan, 4.5% interest, with 13% Front End and 48% Back End Ratio:

03/03    Contacted a Real Estate Agent, Started looking at properties
04/02    Put an offer on the house (this was our 6th offer / 6th house)
04/03    Offer Verbally Accepted
04/07    Received and Signed Foreclosure Addendums
04/10    Home Inspection Complete
            (We jumped the gun on this one since we had a verbal agreement already)
04/13    Signed Purchase Contract Received from Seller
04/15    Loan Assigned to Processing
04/16    Appraisal Ordered
04/27    Appraisal Received
04/29    Loan Submitted for Final Underwriting
05/05    Loan Approved with NO PTD Conditions
05/06    Closing Documents Ordered
05/06    Closing Documents Sent to the Title Company
05/07    Signed all the closing documents and handed over our check
05/12    Seller Signed HUD, Funds Transfered, Deed Recorded, GOT KEYS!!!

I hope this info can prove helpful to some one.

GOOD LUCK!
Message Edited by bubasti on 05-14-2009 10:03 AM
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Home Buying Timeline

Thanks for the info we are on month 3 and we only have 2 offers out ( short sales) arrg, not to many forclosers in the area,  so we are waiting for the new ones  to come out this  month per our agent talked about a voluntary foreclosure moratorium  thats supposed to expire this week.. my fingers are crossed!
Message 2 of 3
msnabs
Valued Member

Re: My Home Buying Timeline

Thanks for the info, my lease is up at the end of June, and I havent found a property that I liked yet so, now I know for sure that I may need to do a month to month. I had kinda of guessed it beforehand though.
Experience is the best teacher........sometimes you have to pay for it with your youth.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.