Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Journal

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Journal

Finally posting about my own road to home ownership. 

After a short but difficult rebuild of credit, I took the plunge and applied for a VA loan pre-approval today. I'm eyeing a home but don't want to make an offer until I have the pre-approval in hand (not pre-qualification). I submitted the application and all supporting documents (W2s, pay stubs, etc) today. 

Here here we go. 

3/12 - Applied for pre-approval

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
wagsk1
Regular Contributor

Re: My Journal

Wife and I are 12 days away from closing. Never thought we would be here but it`s gonna happen and it will for you too. Good luck!

Message 2 of 14
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Congrats to both of you!!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

After a short but difficult rebuild of credit, I took the plunge and applied for a VA loan pre-approval today. I'm eyeing a home but don't want to make an offer until I have the pre-approval in hand (not pre-qualification). I submitted the application and all supporting documents (W2s, pay stubs, etc) today. 

Here here we go. 

3/16 - Pre-Approved for $160,000 VA Loan (Don't know specifics yet.  Just got the email)

Message 4 of 14
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Alright now!!!!  Congratulations!!!!!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you frugal!  It has been a journey.  My credit scores were high 500s when I started a rebuild back in October (not sure of MTG scores).  In December, the mid MTG score was 621.  I did more work on my credit.  Last week my MTG was 688.  My CC balances updated late last week and on the pre-approval my mid MTG score was 747.  I have worked hard to begin this process.  I have these forums to thank.  I would have been a lost cause had I not stumbled across them!

Message 6 of 14
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Yeah, these forums are a special place.

But you know something, you did all of the work, so make sure to pay yourself on the back!!!
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here here we go. 

3/16 - Pre-Approved for $160,000 VA Loan (Don't know specifics yet.  Just got the email)

3/19 - Received Pre-Approval Paperwork.  Interest rate is 3.375%

3/19 - Submitted offer on house with $500 earnest money

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here here we go. 

3/19 - Received Pre-Approval Paperwork.  Interest rate is 3.375%

3/19 - Submitted offer on house with $500 earnest money

3/19 - Offer Accepted!!!!!! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 14
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!!!!  Isn't it a wonderful feeling knowing you are able to start the process?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.