Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

Re: My Journey Begins Now

Congrats!!!

Message 21 of 34
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

It's a nice change of pace to see a thread where someone didn't encounter any problems.

Message 22 of 34
fabadvice
Established Member

I can not wait for you to get those keys. I am under contract now scheduled to close in July. I hope my process continues to go as smooth as yours. I am so happy for you !! I just can not wait to find out my closing cost, I do not have a good estimate because my house is a new build. 

Message 23 of 34
Startfromwithin
Contributor

Update:

Thank you SO MUCH!!

Settlement was Monday. The entire process was so smooth. I'm so grateful!! I was really expecting some horror story or at minimum some push-back from the Lender, but... nothing!

I only had to submit documents once. No additional conditions.

I still can't believe how simple it was. For anyone stressing (which are many, I'm sure), don't. Not to say your process will be smooth sailing (although I truly hope it is/will be) but I think we pull our hair out unnecessarily sometimes.

Thanks to this Forum, I was well prepared for whatever anyone was going to throw at me, and I am very appreciative of that!!

I may need to jump ship to another Forum because I need a Personal Loan to pay to fence the backyard, etc. (I have a German Shepherd), and I was already denied once due to 'not enough open lines of credit'.

Gotta find a way to get the next loan now!!

Thanks again everyone who electronically held my hand through my mortgage process!!!!

Message 24 of 34
fabadvice
Established Member

Awww, that is wonderful, I am so excited for you. I had so much faith in you that I took the plunge with Stonegate immediately due to the low rate, the MA's fast working and professionalism. I am so glad I did, my process is going wonderful thanks to you ! I have to get a fence put in at my new place too. For some reason the new builds in the state I am moving to did not have fences. One of the neighbors told us it would be about $2200 to $3500 for a fence. He had to pay $2200 so we hope our cost will be the same. I have a Lowes card so I was hoping to charge my fence on it, if the price is not too high. Try a Lowes or Home Depot card they do fences. I really hope you get your financing ASAP because a fence is very important with that huge dog. My dad had a GS when I was a kid it was so loving, and protective. Enjoy your new home, I wish you the best with all your future endeavors !!!!

Message 25 of 34
Startfromwithin
Contributor

Wonderful!!

The Processor with my Broker's firm explained that Stonegate was NOT on her 'favorites' list. She said they are a pain with their Conditions. I'm starting to think she was referring to the deliverables she has to produce... not necessarily my conditions because they didn't request much from me.

My loan was funded, etc. on time with no issues.

I wish you the BEST of luck!!

Regarding the fence... I considered financing through Lowes. The gentleman in that department highly suggested I not use Lowes to install the fence. He said the contractors Lowes uses are not very good. (He himself has experience installing fences, but wasn't trying to get my business for himself.) He recommended I buy the fence through Lowes, then use my own contractor.

Anyway, I hope you do pay 'cost' or right around it for your fence. You're right... it's priority for me with my German Shepherd. He is like a horse!! :-)

Message 26 of 34
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Wonderful post! Gives me hope.... Congrats on the home and gl with getting your fence.

Message 27 of 34
fabadvice
Established Member

I wanted to ask you did the mortgage company check your credit again before you closed. Everything is still going smooth for now.

Thanks

Message 28 of 34
Startfromwithin
Contributor

According to my MyFICO account... no.

The Broker checked my credit when I initially submitted my application. Then, they checked my credit again on April 23rd.  I closed on June 3rd, and (again, according to my MyFICO account) the only other inquiries that are showing up are the utilities I began service with for my new home.

Weird.

Unless they did check my credit, and it's just not showing up for some reason. Or if it was a Soft Inquiry or something.

Not sure.

Message 29 of 34
fabadvice
Established Member

Oh ok, thanks !

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.