Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My LO Likes to Ignore Me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My LO Likes to Ignore Me

Well we applied for a home loan a few weeks ago and did all the paperwork and stuff.... because my mid score was a 608 we were told we would either re-run my scores in July or get approved with a condition of increasing my mid score. My LO said he has a simulator he can run and I've contacted him several times via email and even left a message and the dude hasn't responded. We are a building a home so he is always out and about meeting with the various customers at the home site. It really gets on my nerves that he can't run a simple simulation based on my updated credit card balances to see if I've done enough to increase my score.

Applying for a mortgage and doing all this waiting is getting annoying... gives me plenty of time to second guess myself!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
gpeach
Regular Contributor

Re: My LO Likes to Ignore Me

I think it is a good thing he is ignoring you. As everytime he pulls your scores you could lose aprox. 4 points if the pulls are too far apart. If joint they pull both everytime in my experience. They pulled 3 and we lost 12 points instead of just the 4 for the first one. In my opinion it would be in your best interest to pull your own FICO scores and to let him know when you are for sure over the 620 mid score.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Buying a house is stressful enough without having a loan officer that ignores you.  Now might be a good time to get some recommendations from friends or family for responsive loan officers.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gpeach wrote:

I think it is a good thing he is ignoring you. As everytime he pulls your scores you could lose aprox. 4 points if the pulls are too far apart. If joint they pull both everytime in my experience. They pulled 3 and we lost 12 points instead of just the 4 for the first one. In my opinion it would be in your best interest to pull your own FICO scores and to let him know when you are for sure over the 620 mid score.

OP said the loan officer had a score simulator, not that the loan officer was going to pull new scores.

I agree with rmily - I'd look around for a more responsive loan officer or a mortgage broker. If the current LO can't even find the time to run a simulator update or reply to an email, what's going to happen when crunch time comes?

Message 4 of 9
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Buying a house is stressful enough without having a loan officer that ignores you.  Now might be a good time to get some recommendations from friends or family for responsive loan officers.

Yup..I agree as well.

DUMP THE LO!

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 5 of 9
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@WannaHouse wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yup..I agree as well.

DUMP THE LO!

agreed 

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Take your bizness elsewhere
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I first started the home buying process, my first LO did the same thing--it would take days for him to return my calls and he always seemed to call when I specifically told him I would be unavailable due to work obligations... he didn't last long.

My second LO was great--so on top of things, he made the process easy. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just ran my equifax today on myfico and it's now up to a 645 and a number of balances have still not been updated. Looks like when he reruns my scores in early July we'll be good to go for fha approval. This forum has been a lot of help and I hope to continue to pay down debt and increase my scores to 700+ by the time we lock rates in a few months.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.