cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Mortgage Journal (formerly: Would I qualify for an FHA Mortgage in ME?)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would I qualify for an FHA Mortgage in ME?

Ok, now I'm really confused...EQ updated, and it resulted in a massive 36 point increase.  Why did EX stay flat for the same change?  Not that it's a backbreaker - EX was my low score anyway.  Just waiting on my mid score to update now!

Message 21 of 88
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

you know, your EX mortgage score could have changed...i don't think the FICO monitors your mortgage scores.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 22 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@frugalQ wrote:

you know, your EX mortgage score could have changed...i don't think the FICO monitors your mortgage scores.

The FICO 8 didn't change either.  I was waiting until all three bureaus reported an update before I pulled a new 3B report to get the new mortgage scores.

Message 23 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

All three bureaus updated, and I pulled a new report for updated mortgage scores...

EQ: 635 (+8)

TU: 618 (+/- 0)

EX: 616 (+12)

Bank of America still hasn't updated my charge-off, and since TU and EX are both still carrying that balance as part of my total revolving balance, he feels good about me reaching my goal of 640 once that update comes through and that account gets zeroed out.  My statement period with Bank of America ended yesterday, so that update should be coming through any day now.  *fingers crossed* Either way, he said he is prepared to pre-approve me for FHA by next week.  I prefer USDA to keep the cash in my account, and so we can start shopping sooner, but I'm happy to see some serious progress in any case!

Message 24 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

2 weeks after they closed (denied) my direct dispute with them, and well over a month since it was opened, Ally applied a dispute notation on my account with Equifax.  Jerks!  I called Equifax, requested their Executive Consumer Service department, and asked that they remove the notation.  They agreed to review my account and remove ALL dispute notations within 24-48 hours.  I only had the one, but still that's pretty cool!  The entire call, including wait time, only took 10 minutes.

Message 25 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

This morning, less than 24 hours after my request, I received an alert that my EQ report has been changed to remove the dispute comments.  Nice!

Message 26 of 88
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

that's good news!!!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 27 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America updates are starting to roll in....!!!  +17 to my EQ FICO 8 so far.  Waiting until all three bureaus send out their alert before I pull a new report for updated mortgage scores.  *fingers crossed*  We're soooooooooooo close!!!

Message 28 of 88
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

i have my fingers crossed with you!!!  

Message 29 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

While I patiently wait for the BoA update to show up on the other two reports, I just want to say what an absolutely wretched company Ally is.  Not only did they deny my dispute regarding an incorrect 30-day-late they applied to my Equifax and Experian reports a whole two weeks before the account was paid in-full, but they went ahead and "corrected their mistake" and applied the late mark on TransUnion as a result of my failed dispute, with a snippy little comment that reads "Account information disputed by consumer, now meets FCRA requirements".

There are so many profane words running through my head right now...

Message 30 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.