cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Mortgage Journal (formerly: Would I qualify for an FHA Mortgage in ME?)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Would I qualify for an FHA Mortgage in ME?

I'm curious, what did you do to get your score to bump 40 points?

Message 31 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update:

Experian is still dragging their feet on the BoA update, but Equifax and TransUnion are both in, and the news is good!!

Mortgage scores as of today are:

EQ:  669 (+34)

TU:  695 (+77)

EX:  616 (+/-0)

No matter what happens with Experian, my mid score is now firmly above my goal of 640!  Looks like it's time to call the LO.

Message 32 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My largest overall score increase as of today is 100 points (TransUnion 595 to 695), and I did it by:

1. Paying down my credit card to within 8% utilization.  It helped that I also received a credit line increase at roughly the same time.
  2. Settling a lingering 3-year-old charge-off that was still actively being reported as a delinquent debt by the OC.  I owed $2,900, and was able to settle for $1,000.
  3. Had a successful PFD on a small $150 utility debt that I was unaware of.  It was as simple as calling National Grid, explaining my situation, and offering payment in full for a deletion.  They agreed immediately, and the collection was removed from my account within 3 weeks.
Message 33 of 88
Lemmus
Established Contributor

...thats great news SunknLiner ...have you already got your realtor?

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 34 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lemmus wrote:

...thats great news SunknLiner ...have you already got your realtor?

Yes, we have a fantastic realtor already lined up.

Further update, I called the LO and when he pulled my credit, the scores matched MyFICO exactly, AND Experian had updated to 664 (+48), although I didn't get an alert.  

WE'RE OFFICIALLY PREAPPROVED!!!

Message 35 of 88
Lemmus
Established Contributor

Smiley Very Happy•º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º•GOOD NEWS•º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º••º°”˜˜”°º•Smiley Very Happy

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 36 of 88
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My largest overall score increase as of today is 100 points (TransUnion 595 to 695), and I did it by:

1. Paying down my credit card to within 8% utilization.  It helped that I also received a credit line increase at roughly the same time.
  2. Settling a lingering 3-year-old charge-off that was still actively being reported as a delinquent debt by the OC.  I owed $2,900, and was able to settle for $1,000.
  3. Had a successful PFD on a small $150 utility debt that I was unaware of.  It was as simple as calling National Grid, explaining my situation, and offering payment in full for a deletion.  They agreed immediately, and the collection was removed from my account within 3 weeks.

Congrats!  What a terrific increase you have had - using a variety of methods!  How long did it take you to get from the beginning to your current scores?

Message 37 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StartingOver10 wrote:

Congrats!  What a terrific increase you have had - using a variety of methods!  How long did it take you to get from the beginning to your current scores?

My first communication with our LO was on April 9th; so from then until today.  He also teaches a night class in credit repair, so he was able to take a look at my initial pull and let me know everything I needed to do to get my scores within range.

Message 38 of 88
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 39 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

OH MY GOD EVERYTHING IS HAPPENING SO FAST!!!

This weekend we went house shopping with our Realtor, and after visiting roughly ten houses we found "the one".  It's PERFECT in every way!  Only one problem - two other offers were made that same day, making ours the third on a very competitive house...

...THE SELLERS ACCEPTED OUR OFFER AND ARE CHIPPING IN $4K TOWARDS CLOSING!!!

Now comes the panicking...

• Will I get financing?
  • Will I be able to afford closing?
  • What if I fail?
  • What if something goes wrong?
  • Something WILL go wrong...will it be a killer?
  • Am I going to break my wife's heart?
  • ...and on, and on, and on...

I'm literally sick to my stomach!

Message 40 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.