cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Mortgage journey so far! Unbelievable!

tag
armyguy90
Contributor

My Mortgage journey so far! Unbelievable!

So I decided I wanted to buy a house last month. I found an extra cute home and toured it this past Sunday, it is a HUD home listed at $85,000. I had no idea about pre-approvals etc. I wanted to put a bid in on it Sunday and found out I needed a pre-qual letter. So Monday I called SWBC mortgage and got the pre-qual letter, placed a bid for 81,000 and them paying 3% closing cost, and put down $1000 earnest money. Found out the next day (Tuesday) HUD had accepted my offer and that we were under contract. I went in today to submit the rest of the paperwork (w2s, paystubs, etc) and according to the loan officer we should be closing on or before September 1st!!! Never knew buying a home would be so easy!!

Interest rate: 3.65%
FHA 30 year fixed.
$100 down
I asked how much money I would need to bring to closing, and he gave me my closing cost worksheet. After a $1500 lender credit for taking 3.625 as opposed to 3.325, I will bring NO MONEY to closing and recieve approximately $600 of my earnest money back.

HUD/FHA is the way to go!!! And I LOVE the house! Google Mod Cut to see the house! It's adorable!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: My Mortgage journey so far! Unbelievable!

@armyguy90 wrote:
So I decided I wanted to buy a house last month. I found an extra cute home and toured it this past Sunday, it is a HUD home listed at $85,000. I had no idea about pre-approvals etc. I wanted to put a bid in on it Sunday and found out I needed a pre-qual letter. So Monday I called SWBC mortgage and got the pre-qual letter, placed a bid for 81,000 and them paying 3% closing cost, and put down $1000 earnest money. Found out the next day (Tuesday) HUD had accepted my offer and that we were under contract. I went in today to submit the rest of the paperwork (w2s, paystubs, etc) and according to the loan officer we should be closing on or before September 1st!!! Never knew buying a home would be so easy!!

Interest rate: 3.65%
FHA 30 year fixed.
$100 down
I asked how much money I would need to bring to closing, and he gave me my closing cost worksheet. After a $1500 lender credit for taking 3.625 as opposed to 3.325, I will bring NO MONEY to closing and recieve approximately $600 of my earnest money back.

HUD/FHA is the way to go!!! And I LOVE the house! Mod Cut  It's adorable!

For your online safety and security please don't post personal information - MarineVietVet, myFICO moderator

Message 2 of 3
Chbraswell
Regular Contributor

Re: My Mortgage journey so far! Unbelievable!

Great Job! Congrats! I hope mine is as easy as yours!

Beginning:Explus 630 eq 573 tu 593
Current: EXplus:677 Eq 642 TU 727
Goal: Explus 700 eq 700 tu 800

Merrick: 1550 Capital One:1150 Barclay: 2000 Walmart: 300 Chase Freedom: 500
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.