Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My PO and Processor are starting to piss me off

tag
kdmitchell27
New Contributor

My PO and Processor are starting to piss me off

I'm ranting here so please keep that in mind. So we've had our apprasial and the home came back with 10K in equlity, we've had the inspection and it's all good, we've started the UW process and they've given us several conditions which we've met so far. However all of the documents that I've sent in for those conditions have not been sent to the UW and I can verify that cause I signed up on the lenders website and opened an account so I can see the status of the loan. 

Documents that I sent in 2 weeks ago and those I sent in this week haven't even been touched. And to top it off the one condition is that we show proof that an existing home equlity loan is paid off prior to settlement. Ok fine, I get that but settlement is on 4/29, that's 4 weeks away. How does showing that it's paid prior to closing equate to having it paid off before the UW will continue reviewing the loan. And finally neither my LO or processor can tell me if my earnest money is considered part of my assets or not. They both said they would cehck with the UW... a week ago.

Argh. This process is a pain and stressful already, I don't need the people who are supposed to be helping me making the process even more drawn out.

/rant mode over.

Lender Pulled Credit Rating as of 4.10.2013. (Fico Experian: 660) (Fico TU: 685) (Fico Equifax: 659)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: My PO and Processor are starting to piss me off

Ha!  I read PO and the first thing I thought was, what does a parole officer have to do with a mortgage.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 5
kdmitchell27
New Contributor

At least a parole officer would be keeping tabs on me Smiley Happy

Lender Pulled Credit Rating as of 4.10.2013. (Fico Experian: 660) (Fico TU: 685) (Fico Equifax: 659)
Message 3 of 5
0x47
Contributor

If I were in your position, my first thought would be to call the loan officer and ask when you can expect to receive an answer by so that you know to start shopping for other options if that deadline is missed.  If their date isn't good enough, politely suggest you need an answer by X.

But that's my first thought Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 5
kdmitchell27
New Contributor

Oh believe I did on multiple occassions. As much as I don't want to do it I think I'm goign to start shopping around for other lenders. Sadly since I already have a house under contract I didn't want to screw up anything but as much time as tehy are taking I know I'm going to end up with more conditions and definitely miss the appointed date.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.