My Previous LO is MAD at me!

tag
lmh6
New Contributor

Re: My Previous LO is MAD at me!

@Anonymous wrote:

@lmh6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Imh6 when did you find out you had to show reserves? Is the amount of your reserves just two months of your mortgate payment?

Sorry for the late response...I forgot to check in on this thread after I posted.

My LO told me about the reserves requirement prior to my preapproval.  I asked what all was needed to get approval and reserves was one of the items.  It's 2 months of mortgage payments (PITI- payments, interest, tax, insurance)

It could very well be a lender overlay.  I'm going through Chase, and I've heard a lot of complaints about their process

Do not go to Chase. I'll be positing my story about them soon.  

I'm already in bed with them.  I read about you having difficulties with them after I had already applied.  I've already gotten the Inspection & Appraisal done.   The underwriter has looked at the file once and requested additional information.  I'm waiting now on followup.  I'm just praying I don't have any major issues and can close on time

Message 11 of 14
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@lmh6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lmh6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Imh6 when did you find out you had to show reserves? Is the amount of your reserves just two months of your mortgate payment?

Sorry for the late response...I forgot to check in on this thread after I posted.

My LO told me about the reserves requirement prior to my preapproval.  I asked what all was needed to get approval and reserves was one of the items.  It's 2 months of mortgage payments (PITI- payments, interest, tax, insurance)

It could very well be a lender overlay.  I'm going through Chase, and I've heard a lot of complaints about their process

I'm already in bed with them.  I read about you having difficulties with them after I had already applied.  I've already gotten the Inspection & Appraisal done.   The underwriter has looked at the file once and requested additional information.  I'm waiting now on followup.  I'm just praying I don't have any major issues and can close on time

Eh, people generally only post negative stuff online and that's just a fact of Internet life.  Chase closes an absurd number of mortgages.

Chase was just fine for me even the first time, second time was stupidly easy: every holdup was my own fault and they still cut through the process like butter.  Like anywhere it depends who you get for a LO: I happened to get a good one who had an excellent reputation even inside Chase and apparently for good reason.  On the whole statistically there may be better options, but don't sweat it yet.

        
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Revelate wrote:

@lmh6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@lmh6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Eh, people generally only post negative stuff online and that's just a fact of Internet life.  Chase closes an absurd number of mortgages.

Chase was just fine for me even the first time, second time was stupidly easy: every holdup was my own fault and they still cut through the process like butter.  Like anywhere it depends who you get for a LO: I happened to get a good one who had an excellent reputation even inside Chase and apparently for good reason.  On the whole statistically there may be better options, but don't sweat it yet.

Well I got a bad LO and Underwriter    For starters the LO  posted incorrect numbers in the liability section of the loan application.  Also, the Underwriter that reviewed my application didn't understand that American Express doesnt report card numbers to the credit bureaus.  They report member numbers and the Underwriter was thinking I had an AMEX account that I didn't report on the appllication.  They are too incompotent at Chase.  My new Lender is much much better.   

Message 13 of 14
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@lmh6 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No lender has a perfect record with every customer. You are already working with Chase so just focus on your business with them and let us know how it all works out for you. All the best.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.