My Roller Coaster Journey to Homeownership

tag
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

My Roller Coaster Journey to Homeownership

This has been one heck of a ride.

1/6- Approval from DU exactly 2 yrs after ch7 discharge
2/11- put offer in at $170k
2/13- seller countered lowering closing assistance, switched escrow companies, house as is
2/13- accepted counter
2/23- appraisal ordered
2/24- home inspection & appraisal completed
3/1- Appraisal back. Appraised $5k under offer
3/4- Cancelled escrow seller does not want to lower price
3/6- Notified that seller will agree to lower
3/9-Submitted new offer for $165k
3/10-Seller countered at $166k and no seller credit
3/12-Accepted counter
3/15-wired EMD to escrow
3/16-File sent to UW
3/17-LO called and said that he sent me through DU and now I would need $4000 in reserves. (Purchase price less than original contract) I have no more money so I called another lender that had also pre approved me. That LO ran me through DU came back approved no reserves. Emailed him the contract so that we could get started.
3/22-File sent to processing (no movement because of month-end funding)
3/31-UW
4/8- new credit report pulled original one expired. My score dropped because of a medical collection. They had me pay two accounts that were closed by credit grantor because of bk filing. They said paying will give me 29 pt increase. Rapid rescore will be done Monday.

I've had a migraine for a week straight and don't know how much more I can take. Praying for approval on Monday so fingers crossed.

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My Roller Coaster Journey to Homeownership

That is a wild ride. I also know what you mean about the headache. Every purchase contract should include free shots until closing. Good luck to you!! I'm at about the same place. As of yesterday waiting on title search and underwriting'a approval.
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a wild ride. I also know what you mean about the headache. Every purchase contract should include free shots until closing. Good luck to you!! I'm at about the same place. As of yesterday waiting on title search and underwriting's approval.
Message 3 of 17
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

Yes it really has been a wild ride. I'm sure if **bleep**s were included it would prevent a lot of people from stressing out lol. Good luck to you too!
Message 4 of 17
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Wow Sassy!!!! That is a ride!! So the LO told you to pay an account included in your BK?! I've never heard of that!! And doing so will increase your score??! Please keep me posted on whether or not that did increase it! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you!
Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think every mortgage applicant should also be given a voucher to the local doc in a box for a RX for xanax.
Message 6 of 17
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

GirlMelanie89 it was not included however when I filed somehow they found out and closed it. So when they closed it showed the amount at closing. Being naive I delayed paying because I was pissed that they did it and I didn't include them.
Message 7 of 17
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

Dansamy I agree. My nerves are wrecked. I'm at the point where I just want to hear a decision.
Message 8 of 17
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

I don't blame you Sassy!! I would have been pissed too. Just when you think you're trying to do the right thing and save face for a company, they pull the rug out from under you!!
Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sassy any updates yet?
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.