Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Saga

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Saga

So I got a pre approval on a FHA loan trough Wells Fargo. Found a brand new house that a builder ran out of money while finishing. Small items such as appliances and mismatched counters in the kitchen to get occupancy permit. So I made an offer of 149 asking was 169. Everything was going smoothly my realtor suggests a 203k. So I said great lets do it. I get my bids I submit everything . I get conditional approval, I submit my conditions appraisal is in. Everything is good supposed to close on the 30th. I get the call from the LO, hey you got a minute. Oh yes what is going on. LO says well you see in mortgage lending there's all these provisions, I can't give you the 203k because the house is not over 1 year old. Okkkkkk. We just figured this out now? So I rip my realtor a new one and ask for an extension so my file can be sent to a new wells office because my file was at one that only handles renovations. Seller says he wants compensation for the extension $1250. So I say OK Mr. LO since you fudged up you pay it. He agrees. Extension for 30 days. LO says I only need 2 weeks to get your file and get you done FHA conventional. But we should get 30 days just in case . Well I'm a tenant at will when my landlord got the rental verification, they got spooked and lined someone up for sept 1st. Now we're getting close. So my question for you gurus is , does it have to be re underwritten is it more difficult to get approved for a conventional FHA . I make 52k 640 credit score no latest 3 years same job,25k in savings 4k in checking 2k in cc all at 0. Someone just tell me I will be OK before I scream.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: My Saga

underwriting a regular FHA vs a FHA Rehab loan is no different as far as credit/debt ratios/ect

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good so a different underwriter will look at it or they just update some forms, no ne appraisal is needed?
Message 3 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

good question for the lender.

maybe different underwriter, i dont know.

appraisal? might have to be updated to an 'as is' appraisal instead of a 'subject to repairs' appraisal.

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Still waiting!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.