cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My USDA RD loan process has officially begun!

tag
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

Re: My USDA RD loan process has officially begun!

You can get a pre-approval letter without finding a house first. The whole point of pre-approval is to find out what price range of houses you can even look at.
Message 21 of 29
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

Besides, a lender who knows what they're doing should be able to tell you what areas qualify for USDA.
Message 22 of 29
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

Re: My USDA RD loan process has officially begun! *UPDATE*

Had appraisal done and appraiser required a few repairs to be made. So now we're waiting on the seller to decide how they're going to get the repairs made since they're broke. I made the offer in our contract to donate any labor that may be needed for such repairs since I work in construction and can easily do this myself. BUT! If I do, I hope they're willing to adjust the sales price since I will be doing them a big favor.

Loan officer hasn't been very forthcoming with status information but I'm assuming since the appraisal has been done that my application is off to USDA.

I'm in Arkansas, does anyone else here in Ar have any idea as to how long my app will be at USDA?
Message 23 of 29
Erinkkelly
Valued Member

I work for a mortgage company and it just depends on your area how long it take USDA to review the loan. Typically we don't send the files to USDA until the bank underwriters have pretty much cleared all condition on our minus the final USDA Approval. We work with Ohio and West Virginia USDA. WV USDA is quick, takes 24-48 hours, but Ohio take a lot longer like sometime 2-3 weeks..I'm guessing because they are busier than other offices.

Message 24 of 29
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

I cleared UW with no conditions. My file is off to USDA now and LO said they are about three weeks behind but he's expecting my file back by the 15Th. Just in time for closing on the 19th.
Message 25 of 29
Lasardo
Established Contributor

So jealous, can't find a house..😩
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 26 of 29
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

Sorry I haven't been very punctual about keeping everyone up to date but here's an update.

So for the last month I've been waiting on USDA and final underwriting. Three weeks ago my loan officer quits the bank and doesn't bother to tell me. Thankfully my application had already made it into final underwriting and had been approved. Anyways, Monday the 19th is my closing date and it looks like everything is going to be fine. To my amazement I didn't receive any conditions throughout this entire process except for a couple of LOE's. I'm so ready to have this headache over with. Can't wait until Monday.
Message 27 of 29
750orbust
Frequent Contributor

Yay! Title company called me this morning and told me that I don't need to bring ANY money to closing!
Message 28 of 29
sleauxmeaux
Valued Member

Congrats! I'm going to be going this route with a new construction in a few months!
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.