Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My USDA loan and the looming government shutdown

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My USDA loan and the looming government shutdown

Best part is to read different news sources and get different information. As to FHA, VA and of late USDA one site said they would keep employees to process. Hmm ... who do you believe? Wait a few days and the dust will settle and we will know the facts. Fingers crossed for you.
Message 11 of 16
AFA

Well my friends, I called USDA here in Central Florida and the recording said "For October 1st, I'm sorry but we are not at the office at this time, due to federal government funding. We will update everything once we return back to work. Thank you". I'm not sure what to do at this point!
Message 12 of 16
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

It is my understanding that we are now just stuck until the govt gets it together and reopens. Then we are back to where we were before. So right now it was going to be another week before USDA even got to my file. Add that to the govt shutdown and I am not going to be closing on the 10th!

last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Message 13 of 16
crafty35a

I really feel for all of you who are now in limbo because of the government shutdown. If we didn't get our approval yesterday, we would have had to ask for an extension to our Purchase & Sale agreement. Thankfully, we got confirmation today from our loan officer that we are all set to close, despite the shutdown (since we already have USDA approval).

Message 14 of 16
Deppizzymo
New Visitor

Our problem is that our sellers were asked to extend until the 15th of October because my lender was behind on getting all of the forms turned in to the USDA. We were set to close on the 30th of September originally. Our sellers were furious when he tried to extend to the 15th and said they would close no later than the 4th of October. Well the USDA was processing loans received September 24th when they shut down, and ours was received September 27th. My lender sent us all an email saying that the USDA office is closed until further notice and we are now in limbo. I haven't heard back from the sellers whatsoever and am freaking out because they had several offers in on the house, but mine took precedent since it came in first. I'm terrified they're going to walk after our October 4th closing date expires and accept a conventional loan backed offer...

Message 15 of 16
BILLY1184
New Visitor

We were to go to closing on oct 18th. We are buying another house but the couple buying ours is using a USDA loan. I was told that the contract was ok'd by USDA but had to go back to the underwriter for something small and should only take a day or two but then the Government shut down. Anybody know how long it should take to get back once the Government opens back up? Thanks for any info. We are going a little crazy here.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.