cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My fiancee lives in another state and we are trying to buy a house (need helpful advice please!!!)

tag
Mark1984

My fiancee lives in another state and we are trying to buy a house (need helpful advice please!!!)

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum, but because I have found good advice from them, I have decided to reach out to you all.

I live in FL, but my fiancee lives in NJ. We plan on buying a house in NJ, before I plan any moves. Because I am out of state, I cannot be placed on the FHA loan. Would it be possible to get on the loan if we are married beforehand, but live in different states?

As of now, for me to be on the loan, we would have to consider purchases as investment property, and put down 20% on the house, money which we do not have right now. Does anyone know of any other options besided putting down 20% considering our situation?

We both have excellent credit, I pushing close to 800, and she is above 760.

Any info is greatly appreciated. We are very new to the mortgage/home buying process.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: My fiancee lives in another state and we are trying to buy a house (need helpful advice please!!

Yes, FHA allows non-occupant co-borrowers.

The first thing they are going to want to know though is if you have a job in NJ.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.