Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My fico score low of 763 but lender says 713 How dat possible

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

My fico score low of 763 but lender says 713 How dat possible

Seem quite ODD. 

Merryl Lynch is potential lender.  Does anyone understand how a lender can manupulate the score.  Certainly with a low score they can charge a higher rate and even more fees.

PLEASE someone EXPLAIN.

Any laws out there to protect us?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
ceejx
Established Contributor

Re: My fico score low of 763 but lender says 713 How dat possible

@Anonymous wrote:

Seem quite ODD. 

Merryl Lynch is potential lender.  Does anyone understand how a lender can manupulate the score.  Certainly with a low score they can charge a higher rate and even more fees.

PLEASE someone EXPLAIN.

Any laws out there to protect us?

I don't think there's much of a difference between a 763 and 713 when it comes to rates... but that is odd unless they are using their own inhouse score

Message 2 of 5
beb86
Valued Contributor

Myfico uses the TU98 model where as most lenders use the TU04 so even though the are both FICOs the are different models which can cause a variance. And what would you want the law to be?
Message 3 of 5
courtney091082
Regular Contributor

@beb86 wrote:
Myfico uses the TU98 model where as most lenders use the TU04 so even though the are both FICOs the are different models which can cause a variance. And what would you want the law to be?

+1 ^^^exactly

9/1/2012 ...DRUMROLL .... EQ .. 776!!

I'm FINALLY a homeowner .. 10/24/12!!!!

My Cards ~~~GARDENING~~~ BNSF CU ($1000) BOA ($2500) Amazon / GE ($900) AMEX BCE ($2500) Chase Freedom ($3000) US Bank Cash + (7500)
Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.