cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My file is in underwriting! How long does it usually take??

tag
cocomadd
Regular Contributor

My file is in underwriting! How long does it usually take??

I was just advised that my file is in underwriting has been for a day or so.  How long does it take?  Do they come back with conditional approvals or do they just approve or deny?  Really curious....Smiley Embarassed

Thanks!

Exp/647-Fako
EQ/629-Fico
Trans/656-Fako
NEW SCORES
EX/665
EQ/642
Trans/656 Fako

This is new to me but I will take the 750+ challenge! Goal by May 2014
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
my_2_girls
Valued Member

Re: My file is in underwriting! How long does it usually take??

My file has been in underwriting for a week now - local bank too ... 

Starting Score: 547 May 2013 to 698 December 2015
Current Score: 645 July 2017
Goal Score: 750... just for starters

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Chadsnana
Valued Member

It depends on your personal finances. We have excellent credit and money in the bank and it still went back and forth to underwriting several times. We had to prove, prove, and reprove that we own several properties free and clear. Apparently, people claim to own property free and clear and then have private loans against them. Then, our current mortgage sold to a different lender in the process so we had to prove that it was for the same rental property and not another loan - this involved third party verfication via a credit supplement which added two days. That same mortgage lender ran a SP on our credit so we had to write a letter of explanation - add another two days.  In our case, it was about two weeks of back and forth. However, we have also have had deals that finish underwriting in less than 72 hours. The more layers that you have, the longer it will take. It also depends on how responsive the mortgage broker and underwriter are in getting back to each other.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/2760iB9166C1A493A3CBC/
Message 3 of 4
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

My UW took about 4 days and the only condition was a LOE for a few deposits.

last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.