Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My file moved to underwriting today!!!!

tag
LondonMassey
Frequent Contributor

My file moved to underwriting today!!!!

I have been moved from processing (just 5 days) to underwriting where I was told the turn around is 24 hours to 4 days (at the most).

Still having a couple issues: 

1.) Gas was not turned on at the house so I had to cancel the inspection that was schedule for Friday and the appraisal can not be done either.  Gas is suppose to be on this week... My realtor asked me to drive by the house (on my side of town) to see if the plug was still in the meter yesterday, and it was, so I'm heading back tonight.  If it's gone, everything is moving forward.

2.) I can't find my W2's for 2010. They initially said I didn't need them and that my transcripts would be ok, well... They need them, so they've ordered them. I don't know how long it takes for those to come in.

3.) Child support: Here's a HUGE headache. My daughter's father has stated several times how irritated he is that I'm able to buy a home and how his credit sucks "because of having to pay child support".  So, did I really think this would be a smooth ride as far as using it as income?  Not exactly, but man it sure would've helped.  I had tried to talk to him about when he filed his taxes and how things might be divided between my daughter and his other child (he owes back pay for both... Of course, I never got a flippin' dime)... Right after that, I didn't receive child support from the last week of June to the las week of July... Everything was on time until then.  He won't return a call, email, facebook message... I was approved through desktop underwriting with just my income, but being able to count the child support would be a HUGE help. The support payment alone is the price of my mortgage (including taxes, MI, and insurance).  My LO is trying to go from June-June and I was able to get a print out for just those months, but I'm hoping the underwriter doesn't come back and want it updated.

4.) US Bank's outage last weekend caused my debit card to stop working.  I used the card for the appraisal fee and now I have to submit a new payment method (will be faxed to lender tonight).

So... I'm technically in the home stretch and on track to close September 6th!! I'm nervous and worried, but hopeful that this will all be over with soon!!

I initially planned to live in the house for 5-10 years and then move back to the Midwest... but now.... well, I don't think I'll ever attempt to put myself in this position again. I am getting a really awesome deal, but it has been a roller coaster ride from he**.  

*special note: The news just announced that prices have continued to climb for homes here in Vegas... and it's true.  For those that don't know, I went under contract in March for this short sale for 55k.  There are now 2 houses in the same gated community, directly behind my house that are in the 60k range.  One 4 bedroom, just like mine for 69k and a 3 bedroom for 63k... Man, it'd be nice to get some equity as payment for all this stress!!

Hopefully I will have good news for you all soon!!  *praying*

Cap1(sc) 550, Cap1 750, Walmart 750, Home Depot 3000, Amazon 700, US Bank 1500, Childrens Place 1100, JC Penney 700, Old Navy 700, PayPal 700, Torrid 700, Lane Bryant 150, Avenue 500, OSP 500, Amex Blue 2000, Disc it 1000, Walmart Disc 2200, Old Navy Visa 1700, Mortgage 09-2012, Car Loan 03-2013

Current Score: EQ 665 EX 687 TU 695

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Ron6262
Regular Contributor

Re: My file moved to underwriting today!!!!

GOOD LUCK!!!

Message 2 of 8
germaine47
Frequent Contributor

With W2s you may be able to get your corporate office to fax them over.  You are already going through enough stress and it seems the exhusband isnt making it any better, but you did right in qualifying with just your income. Concentrate on the UW and Closing and everything will fall into place. I think you made this far on your own and God will take you the rest of the way, Congratulations on your Home, You Go Girl.

Fico September 2012; TU 681, EX 674, EQ 652
Fako October 2012: TU 706, EX 641,
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a journey you have been on thus far but it sounds like you're in the home stretch!!

Message 4 of 8
LondonMassey
Frequent Contributor

My daughter's father is a jerk. We were never married, just friends of friends that ended up across country in the same state years later that were irresponsible.

My W2's are for 2 different companies in 2010, one based in San Diego, the other somewhere in Utah. The first one, I left on bad terms due to the moron that owns the company. I've worked for some major idiots but that guy was a piece of work. It is a moderate company but he has his hands in every area of it, so not even worth trying there. The other one was for a HUGE organization that has several branches and they are VERY slow with HR stuff. I needed a copy of a pay stub once and it took them 5 weeks and 3 requests... I assume going the IRS route will be quicker!

Yes, my life sucks! Smiley LOL

Gas was not on tonight when I went to check... Called my realtor to let him know and he told me they said that it would be on by the 10th... Ummm.... It isn't the flippin' 10th yet. Just what I wanted to do is drag my kids out to a house we can't do anything with, in 110 degree heat, wasting gas, for nothing... But I did it, of course, and had he told me the 10th, I probably still would've checked.

I really hope everything goes smooth from here on out... I can't take the stress lol!!

Cap1(sc) 550, Cap1 750, Walmart 750, Home Depot 3000, Amazon 700, US Bank 1500, Childrens Place 1100, JC Penney 700, Old Navy 700, PayPal 700, Torrid 700, Lane Bryant 150, Avenue 500, OSP 500, Amex Blue 2000, Disc it 1000, Walmart Disc 2200, Old Navy Visa 1700, Mortgage 09-2012, Car Loan 03-2013

Current Score: EQ 665 EX 687 TU 695

Message 5 of 8
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@germaine47 wrote:

With W2s you may be able to get your corporate office to fax them over.  You are already going through enough stress and it seems the exhusband isnt making it any better, but you did right in qualifying with just your income. Concentrate on the UW and Closing and everything will fall into place. I think you made this far on your own and God will take you the rest of the way, Congratulations on your Home, You Go Girl.

+1

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 8
indecison
Regular Contributor

Glad to see some progress being made! Hang in there!

Message 7 of 8
Errin1
Contributor

London, you're in the home stretch, It's going to be worth it.

Don't even sweat counting the child support because it isn't a definite and it never is. Start everything as clean and trouble free as possible and think of the child support as a bonus and CUSHION. Live on what you know...not what you wish/want.

hr> src="http://i.imgur.com/LEYWe.png">Starting Score: TU 610 EQ 655 - 8/2010
Current Score: EQ 714 9/13 EXP 708 8/13 TU 717 8/13
Goal Score: too much of a yoyo, maintain the 700's for 2013

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.