cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My home buying journey has officially begun!!!

tag
edcb
Contributor

My home buying journey has officially begun!!!

I got prequalified today!!!  I just need to collect my documentation for the pre-approval.  To be honest...I'm almost more nervous now that before we did the HP!

A year ago we did a HP bc I had no idea where I stood.  I knew I had medical debt- a substantial amount but a lot had recently fallen off.  I had never intentionally had credit in my life with the exception of a couple of very small (totaling 6k) student loans.  My pulls a year ago:

EF: 592

TU: 625

EX: 634

I went cleaning.  A couple of PFD's for smaller medical bills.  A couple of Cap1 cards.  Then a Chase Freedom a couple of months ago.  I saved and pinched every penny.  I saved $30k.  I DV'd.  I used the BBB and CFPB for some things that I knew were not mine.  I was able to remove the small consumer dings that I had and leave a total of five medical bills between the three CB's- all over 3 years old- too old and too large to pay considering cost vs reward.

Today!

EF: 639 (Quizzle 594 on 5/11/2014)

TU:701 (Credit Karma FAKO 628

EX: 669 (Credit Sesame FAKO 678)

My credit is still so young...I'm so excited about what my scores will look like a year ago.  I can't wait for my little girl to come home from preschool tonight so I can tell her that we did it!  We are going to get a new house!  (I'm emotionally exhausted and I don't know if I should dance or sleep!)  Now we will take this road together and see where it take us...but it is going to take us to a NEW house.  A FOREVER house.  That is OURS.

In the garden until October 2015!

Journey began 12/13
My wallet: Cap1 Journey (12/13) $4,800 - Cap1 QS (3/14) $1,500 - Chase Freedom (5/14) $3,000 - Chase CSP (12/14) $8,000

Closed on my primary home and income property in December 2014!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
savings4tomorrow
Regular Contributor

Re: My home buying journey has officially begun!!!

Dance a little...then sleep!! Congrats on your success!! 

Message 2 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

congrats, you earned it

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

congrats, you earned it

^^^Yes! Smiley Very Happy Agree with everyone above..congrats!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.