Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My journey. Buying my first home.

tag
Lasardo
Established Contributor

My journey. Buying my first home.

I have been fixing my credit for 1.5 years now. I managed to remove 27 negative items which were mostly medical, I dropped my balance due from 24k to now paying only $3800 total through GREAT letter writing, I removed: 2 judgments that were speeding tickets and 9 inquiries using the permissible purpose provisions if the FCRA. I brought my credit score up to 727 from 554. I am NOT intimidated by the FCRA or credit now. I get it, I do. "Keep on top of it".
So I apply for a loan through a broker, go to several classes to understand the Phoenix market and what to buy or not buy etc. At this point I am confident and excited. I qualify for 150k at 4.5% on a small income because I am disabled and a single mother, I will not even come close to a loan amount of that size, I gotta eat righ
t?
So over the weekend I find a smoking deal. 85k for a 2 bd duplex. It's so small and one bth for myself and a 13 yr old daughter, I want my office, it's In a not-so-good area. ..I'm spoiled is what it comes down to. I'm not sure but then decide..go for it but when my Realitor sees my pre-qual letter, no, no, no ah ah. The LO has not even seen any of my docs , only a credit score/report and my word. So I make sure to wake up as soon as the office is open after a long holiday weekend, I give him EVERYTHING he needs, great, he faxes a prequalify over to realtor. Well. Of course by this time someone has offered cash but a lot less so they have until 5 today to counter offer, they do and everyone is happy exept me. I wish I got this, my daughter would not have had to switch schools and she even knew the lady's daughter.. Small would. I need to chalk it up to.."it was not meant to be"AND #1 rule taught at the Redfin classes.."do not buy a 2 bedroom condo etc" but I like that price range so hoping to get lucky like that again, the good news: my paperwork is ready to go so I can make an offer right away on the next house.
I need a good Realitor. I need help with finational questions about $$, down payment etc., grant loans, USDA, 203k loans, gift money, what you think about a 13 yr old switching schools..etc, etc. oh and..i can move to Surprise at a reasonabke price for a newer property (2000-present, $114) , HOUSE, but would be far from father and her school. would anyone like to help?
Feel free to offer ANY advise, FIIRST TIME HOME BUYER..overwhelming and not fun!

Talk k, very soon!!! Haha ft
CS 728- 01/13 from 554-12/11
Goal: 800
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.