cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My mortgage journey with NFCU FHA 30-year fixed!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My mortgage journey with NFCU FHA 30-year fixed!

Wow I am excited for you! I just put in an app with NFCU, I hope mine goes as smoothly as yours!

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! We're thrilled!

Yes, reading the stories online and then going through the process myself were night-and-day. It was incredibly smooth and there were no conditions we had to meet, even with several thousand dollars on our credit cards.

IT'S ALMOST OVER!

Message 12 of 24
srloring13
Regular Contributor

Congrats.  What types of fees did they charge for the loan?  

FILED CH7 BK 02/25/13 -- DISCHARGED 06/10/13
Starting Scores 06/10/13 EQ474 EX538 TU503
Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@srloring13 wrote:

Congrats.  What types of fees did they charge for the loan?  

None. No origination fees or funding fees.

Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

My closing disclosures came in yesterday! Cash to close is only $9,900 -- down from an original estimate of $14,400 -- and down from the estimate I was given just three days ago of $11,500.

That amazes me. I'm gonna have nearly $3k left in savings.... I did not expect that.

Still on track to close on Monday!!

EDIT: Right after I shared this, they took the $9900 out of my account, which means they've wired it to the title company! Smiley Very Happy 

Message 15 of 24
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Congrats

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today's your BIG day!! Congratulations!!! I pray to be in your shoes next spring. We plan on going thru NFCU for our mortgage as well. We are also looking to spend around $230K too. Can you share what your payment ended up being, if it changed since you last posted? I'm hoping to have my seller pay ALL it a huge portion of closing costs, so that we don't have to come off of that much for closing. Any suggestions would be awesome!

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!! It happened!!!! In and out at the title company in about 45 minutes!!!

The payment is $1,358/mo -- $1000 of that is interest/principal, 200ish is escrow, and 100ish is the PMI. Oddly enough, our first payment isn't for 60 days -- due October 1st.

A few hours after our closing, our loan officer called me and when I picked up, she said, "Just calling to see if you're a homeowner yet?!" -- NFCU was *a breeze* and my LO/processor were both very helpful and sweet.

It really depends on your market. We paid all of closing, because it's a fierce market here in Nashville right now, and ended up being a total of around $13,000 out of pocket, $8,500 of which was the 3.5% downpayment.

SUCH A RELIEF TO BE FINISHED!

But I'll tell you that when it changes from the elation of "we're buying a house!" to the overwhelming stress of "we're moving....," it's not pretty. Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!! It happened!!!! In and out at the title company in about 45 minutes!!!

The payment is $1,358/mo -- $1000 of that is interest/principal, 200ish is escrow, and 100ish is the PMI. Oddly enough, our first payment isn't for 60 days -- due October 1st.

A few hours after our closing, our loan officer called me and when I picked up, she said, "Just calling to see if you're a homeowner yet?!" -- NFCU was *a breeze* and my LO/processor were both very helpful and sweet.

It really depends on your market. We paid all of closing, because it's a fierce market here in Nashville right now, and ended up being a total of around $13,000 out of pocket, $8,500 of which was the 3.5% downpayment.

SUCH A RELIEF TO BE FINISHED!

But I'll tell you that when it changes from the elation of "we're buying a house!" to the overwhelming stress of "we're moving....," it's not pretty. Smiley Happy

Amazingggggggg.  So proud of you guys and congrats!  Enjoy your new homeSmiley Happy.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

You're very kind. Smiley Happy

Thank you so much!!!!!!

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.