cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NACA - Has anyone RECENTLY had any success in obtaining a mortgage with NACA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NACA - Has anyone RECENTLY had any success in obtaining a mortgage with NACA?

I've done some research on NACA, and am really curious about the program. Has anyone recently had any success in obtaining a mortgage through NACA? If so, could you tell me a little bit about your journey? How long did it take? I've read alot of horror stories about mortgages through NACA taking FOREVER to go through. However, the threads that i've read in which extended timelines have occurred are all really old (2011,2012). I'm wondering if NACA has imporoved it's processes? I want to purchase a home within the next couple months...

4 REPLIES 4
Atonswife
Contributor

Re: NACA - Has anyone RECENTLY had any success in obtaining a mortgage with NACA?

I have not started my home owners journey yet but I have read every page of that NACA thread that is on here. For more recent updates, I would suggest visiting the NACA forum on their actual site http://forums.naca.com/?page_id=244. If this link doesn't work or is not allowed to be posted here, just google NACA forums and it will come up. I stay on there trying to get as much info as I can so I can be as prepared as possible when I start on that path. Good Luck☺
As of 11/02/15:
EX-679, TU-707, EQ-690 (FICO 08),7/31/15 691 (FICO 04)
CAP ONE QS-$4,250, CAP ONE QS-$2K, CAP ONE VISA SIG-$7K, JETBLUE AMEX-$5K, DCU PLATINUM VISA-$6.5K, AMAZON STORE-$5k, BANANA REPUBLIC-$5k

AU ACCTS: CAP ONE QS-$1.5K, CAP ONE CLASSIC-3K, BLOOMINGDALES-$3K, NORDSTROMS-$1K
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NACA - Has anyone RECENTLY had any success in obtaining a mortgage with NACA?

@atsonswife thank you so much!

@Atonswife wrote:
I have not started my home owners journey yet but I have read every page of that NACA thread that is on here. For more recent updates, I would suggest visiting the NACA forum on their actual site http://forums.naca.com/?page_id=244. If this link doesn't work or is not allowed to be posted here, just google NACA forums and it will come up. I stay on there trying to get as much info as I can so I can be as prepared as possible when I start on that path. Good Luck☺

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I started back in Oct. I was going in for the loan app after Christmas after getting tons of paperwork and their system continuously losing paperwork already scanned in. I even got the money my family was giving me to buy down points with the bank statements and letters for the loan originator at the last minute say I am sorry what I told you was wrong you will have to wait. NACAs response was it is your responsibility to know all our rules and if your LO says something that goes against our handbook I needed to question those above him. Classy. If you go with them make sure you become the expert in there policies read the handbook and question anything that isn't clear to an office manager if your office has own. My local office does really have one they listed then secretary. So my point with NACA your experience depends on your MO and don't expect people in the organization to help you to much.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I started back in Oct. I was going in for the loan app after Christmas after getting tons of paperwork and their system continuously losing paperwork already scanned in. I even got the money my family was giving me to buy down points with the bank statements and letters for the loan originator at the last minute say I am sorry what I told you was wrong you will have to wait. NACAs response was it is your responsibility to know all our rules and if your LO says something that goes against our handbook I needed to question those above him. Classy. If you go with them make sure you become the expert in there policies read the handbook and question anything that isn't clear to an office manager if your office has own. My local office does really have one they listed then secretary. So my point with NACA your experience depends on your MO and don't expect people in the organization to help you to much.

Thank you so much for your feedback! This response is similar to all of the threads that I have read thus far... It seems a little bit unorganized and sketchy. So what now? How far are you away from a close date?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.