Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NACA Is It A Good Program.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NACA Is It A Good Program.

I just recently got into this program it seems ok there's no down payment of closing cost. They ran my credit an told me i was good on that end i just don't have much saving to they told me i need to so prof to them that i can save 300 Dollars a month for 6 months then i should be all good. Has anyone else here bought a house with Naca what are your stories.

Message Edited by mjbfan79 on 06-28-2008 06:06 PM
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
shalane85
Frequent Contributor

Re: NACA Is It A Good Program.

I'm in the process of buying a house with NACA. It really is a good program-no downpayment, no PMI, no closing costs. I have several friends that have went through it and loved it especially at the end when you close your agent gives you 3% to 6 % back to buy down your interest rate. The only thing bad I can say about NACA is that depending on your counselor you have to turn a lot of paperwork. At times you may get frustrated b/c they may ask 4 the same documents more than once but if that means having a less affordable mortgage for more house its worth it. Just save whatever they tell you to save and try not get any overdraft fees or use overdraft protection on your account. That can push you back. But other than that the program will benefit you greatly.
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx for the reply Shalane85 i meet with counselor last month for the the first time. I had to bring a tone of paper work an i have to bring a bunch of it back for my next visit in august but other then that every thing seems to be going good with them. The only thing i don't have much saving and they wont me to save $300 Dollars a month for the next 6 months just to show that i can save. But make sure you keep in contact with me an let me no how things are going with your home buy.
Message 3 of 18
MattH
Senior Contributor

I know very little about NACA beyond what others have posted here, and from the website it sounds like way more paperwork than the conventional mortgage I've got but it does sound like a serious program. I checked the HUD (www.hud.gov) website and the NACA offices in a number of States are listed as HUD-approved housing counseling agencies. So they do appear to be a legit outfit, but any person considering them should do his or her own due diligence and not rely solely on what posters to this or any other discussion board say.
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

To me NACA is not a good program. We found right away the lies they were telling. At the fist session where you get all the info well we recorded that one because it was full of info.  They told my husband a couple things that they said they didn't say later. One was that both spouses did not have to be on the loan, did not have to have credit pulled. After taking all the time to get all the info and go to the appointment they said something diff and got really nasty because i didn't want my credit pulled. The man Tom in this office even asked if we were getting a divorce because i said my sister has cancer in Indiana and i plan on being there a lot this year so my husband will just do it all on his own.

He sat there and said both didn't have to be on the loan but i would have to sign the paperwork then after he got mad he said well i will be pulling your report if you want our help. He put his head back and closed his eyes then looked back at us and asked what are you two hiding? We felt as if we were on trial. My husband works 25 yrs at General Motors--a plant that is doing very well. We were also able to pay our home close to half off right away but we never got that far. They didn't bother to even look at our paperwork.

We were told to make another appointment to talk with Lisa. Well my husband went alone because i wasn't feeling well and the first thing they said was where is Janice. they laughed at him, they hurt him so badly that he was really crying later when he told me how badly they treated him. He told them i don't have to be there and what the laws in Missouri stated and she said well ours(NACA)state this. So to us NACA changed things depending on who you are. Lisa never listened to my Andrew(husband)because she had already talked to Tom(first person we saw). I think that because they are supposed to really help people that they feel as if they can walk all over people, treat them poorly,not return calls in a timely manner etc... Very unprofessional would be the way i would describe NACA. My husband is a pastor and we would never recommend them to our congregation.

By the time you wait and save 300 per month you could have cleaned your own credit up and found another place compariable to NACA that would get you in a home much faster and in any area you choose. We found out from others that the areas are not that good that they try to get you to buy in. It's really hard for us to trust anything they have to say at this point because we heard their stories change a few times in the minutes we sat there. 

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent one already but wanted to add that this is the Kansas City Mo office on 43rd street. We live on the Kansas City side though. And my husbands credit score probably wouldn't have been an issue if much but as i said they never even gave him a chance and each time my husband would say can we please just move on with what we came to do Tom Payne would just go right back to why i didn't wish to be on the loan. it was just an awful  experience and the CEO was notified via email about how they treated us.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far I have been very good with NACA, I have found many nice houses, my only problem so far, is that I have placed several Offers on several properties, and I have

had no luck getting my offer acepted.  But I have heard that this is happening a lot, it is a sellers market, and if we are in the process of buying, it is dificult, can somebody tell me if they have been succesful in getting acepted and purchasing a property, I am getting very doubtful at this point

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Is anyone else having problems having the offers accepted, or has anyone else bought a property through NACA, and how long did it take to be accepted, and are there any specific properties or area that can or cannot be considered in the NACA Program?  Thank You for your response in advance

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anybody purchase a home through the NACA program and how long did it take for the offer to be accepted, shall I just hang in there and be patient, are there any particular properties that are NACA qualified, or could it be any property?     Please give me some responses, to see if I am in the right track.

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I too just attended to workshop

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.