Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCFU HELP

tag
Abelcrdn
Regular Contributor

NCFU HELP

Fell in love with a home! NEw build wont be ready until July. Submitted the docs over to NCFU today, how long until we hear back from them ?? I have one concern, we were under the impression the only neg account had been removed from my wifes reports. seems it hasnt....... How bad will this be? AHHHHHHH

12/23 Fico Score 8 TU-761 EX -747 EQ-734
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NCFU HELP

I used NFCU for my mortgage and they were fantastic.  You should here back within a few days.  What are your scores and what kind of mortgage are you going for?  As for the baddie on your wife report, it will come down to her overall credit profile...

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU was great to me even though it does not appear I will go with them. Very responsive.

Message 3 of 13
Abelcrdn
Regular Contributor

Why won't you be going with them?

And it's a VW auto charge off that was opened fraudulently through id theft. They have removed it from mine but not from my wife's. My median Mortage score is 646 no negatives. Hers is 624 with that collection and a late from 2013. We are going FHA, I was hoping to go for the 0 down but I don't we would qualify. Looking at a loan of $272,500. Builder carrying the loan until completion with $2,500 no refundable earnest money due at acceptance of offer.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It wasn't because of anything NFCU did. Another lender just has a better rate on the product I was after. Even when I called and told the LO at NFCU and asked if she would be offended if I called back should things not work out as expected she was delightful. Homebuyer's Choice zero down was NFCU's product and I did not qualify for their best rate but did with another lender. NFCU has very competitive FHA rates and were I going FHA they would be at the top of my list still. My decision should not be taken nor is it intended as a knock. Again, they were very responsive and gracious. I would feel very comfortable and confident going to them again for a mortgage loan. 

Message 5 of 13
Abelcrdn
Regular Contributor

What are your current scores
Message 6 of 13
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

I'm going through NFCU now.  We submitted paper work 2nd or 3rd week of March, found a home and made an offer 3/31.  Offer accepted 3 days later, inspection was complete 4/10 and asked LO to order appraisal.  Now the waiting starts, they told me the appraisial should take 2 or 3 weeks.  Our target close date is 6/2.  We went with The Home Buyers Choice.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 7 of 13
Abelcrdn
Regular Contributor

What are your scores?
Message 8 of 13
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

In my signature.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 9 of 13
Gray
Regular Contributor

I am closing on May 1st on a home with a sale price of $1.32M with 20% down. I had a lock with Navy Federal, Ally came in lower, and Navy Federal matched the rate and beat the Ally closing cost by $1K.  Navy is offering 3.5% 1 origination point and .625 discount points. Navy also agreed to waive escrow requirements for insurance and property taxes. All three credit scores are all above 800 for myself and my wife.

The reason I will go with Navy over Ally is that Ally uses Cenlar to service its loans. Navy keeps its jumbo loans and services them.  I get to break the bad news to Ally on Monday.

if Navy didn't match, they would have had to pay me $1,000, per their policy (which they brought up).

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.