Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

NCFU HELP

Fell in love with a home! NEw build wont be ready until July. Submitted the docs over to NCFU today, how long until we hear back from them ?? I have one concern, we were under the impression the only neg account had been removed from my wifes reports. seems it hasnt....... How bad will this be? AHHHHHHH

AMEX PRG(NPSL) // AMEX BCE($1K) // AMEX HILTON($1K) // AMEX DELTA GOLD($6K) // US BANK CASH + (2K) // COSTCO CITI($6.5K) // NCFU CASH REWARDS ($2.6K) // BARCLAYS REWARDS ($7.5K) // CHASE SW($2.7K) // BOFA ALASKA ($6.7K) // CAP ONE QUICKSILVER($750) // FIRESTONE($1.2K) // KOHLS($750) // PAYPAL CREDIT ($2,75K) // NORDSTROM ($1K)

FICO 08 SCORES-TU-721 EQ-645 EX-713

TOTAL CREDIT LINE= $35,000
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: NCFU HELP

I used NFCU for my mortgage and they were fantastic.  You should here back within a few days.  What are your scores and what kind of mortgage are you going for?  As for the baddie on your wife report, it will come down to her overall credit profile...

Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

NFCU was great to me even though it does not appear I will go with them. Very responsive.

Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

Why won't you be going with them?

And it's a VW auto charge off that was opened fraudulently through id theft. They have removed it from mine but not from my wife's. My median Mortage score is 646 no negatives. Hers is 624 with that collection and a late from 2013. We are going FHA, I was hoping to go for the 0 down but I don't we would qualify. Looking at a loan of $272,500. Builder carrying the loan until completion with $2,500 no refundable earnest money due at acceptance of offer.
AMEX PRG(NPSL) // AMEX BCE($1K) // AMEX HILTON($1K) // AMEX DELTA GOLD($6K) // US BANK CASH + (2K) // COSTCO CITI($6.5K) // NCFU CASH REWARDS ($2.6K) // BARCLAYS REWARDS ($7.5K) // CHASE SW($2.7K) // BOFA ALASKA ($6.7K) // CAP ONE QUICKSILVER($750) // FIRESTONE($1.2K) // KOHLS($750) // PAYPAL CREDIT ($2,75K) // NORDSTROM ($1K)

Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

It wasn't because of anything NFCU did. Another lender just has a better rate on the product I was after. Even when I called and told the LO at NFCU and asked if she would be offended if I called back should things not work out as expected she was delightful. Homebuyer's Choice zero down was NFCU's product and I did not qualify for their best rate but did with another lender. NFCU has very competitive FHA rates and were I going FHA they would be at the top of my list still. My decision should not be taken nor is it intended as a knock. Again, they were very responsive and gracious. I would feel very comfortable and confident going to them again for a mortgage loan. 

Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

What are your current scores

Frequent Contributor

I'm going through NFCU now.  We submitted paper work 2nd or 3rd week of March, found a home and made an offer 3/31.  Offer accepted 3 days later, inspection was complete 4/10 and asked LO to order appraisal.  Now the waiting starts, they told me the appraisial should take 2 or 3 weeks.  Our target close date is 6/2.  We went with The Home Buyers Choice.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

What are your scores?

Frequent Contributor
0 Kudos

In my signature.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Regular Contributor
0 Kudos

I am closing on May 1st on a home with a sale price of $1.32M with 20% down. I had a lock with Navy Federal, Ally came in lower, and Navy Federal matched the rate and beat the Ally closing cost by $1K.  Navy is offering 3.5% 1 origination point and .625 discount points. Navy also agreed to waive escrow requirements for insurance and property taxes. All three credit scores are all above 800 for myself and my wife.

The reason I will go with Navy over Ally is that Ally uses Cenlar to service its loans. Navy keeps its jumbo loans and services them.  I get to break the bad news to Ally on Monday.

if Navy didn't match, they would have had to pay me $1,000, per their policy (which they brought up).

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.