Contributor
Shinoga

NEED HELP raising my credit score ASAP

Hello,

I'm trying to get a conventional illinois smart move mortgage and my mid score is 640..I qualified for the Wells Fargo city lift program which reserved $ 15K in funds to help with closing and down payment assistance. I have until 12/24 to close on a property or I will lose the funds.I need 20 points to get this loan. I was approved for FHA before but it's hard to find condos that are FHA approved. Here my CR right now

Cap1 - Derog but paid..i been trying GW no luck

First Premier - CO - not going to bother paying them it's from 07

HSBC best buy- derog - paid - no luck with GW them so far

HSBC - derog -co paid after co - no luck with GW so far

Cap1 - $ 500 limit $240 balance

BofA -500 limit - $ 480 balance - I just paid the entire balance today

Orchard bank CC-$  300 limit- $ 134.00 balance

I'm not sure what else I can do to get a 20  point increase within the next couple of weeks. Any help is appreciated as I'm running out of time to utilize these funds. 

MY FICO = 690 CK=660 GOAL = 750 and my own house!..Back in the garden

Regular Contributor
vabound

Re: NEED HELP raising my credit score ASAP

I am not sure if this will earn you 20 points but I would pay off another cc and leave one at a very small balance ($40).  You then have to find out when these cards report to the cra's. 

Starting Scores:TU/513 EQ/484 EXP/513 3/2012 (lender pull)
Current Scores:TU/681 EQ/637 EXP/613 11/2012 (lender pull)
Goal:700 across the board
Contributor
Shinoga

any other suggestions?

Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Pay for delete of FP?

I really don't think you have enough time

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
pdog661

Best bet for a quick one month bump is going to pay down your utl rate to 9%. 

With your current available limits you should only carry $117.00 on them. 

If you have recently purchased your score use the simulator and see if this will move your score enough. 

GW adjustments would be huge if you could get them done.  I did one with Chase, and it posted to my account in 2 days after I spoke with them.

Search HSBC GW and you may be able to find the back door info and numbers.

GL. 

P.S is there a reason you need 20 points, ie lendor stated only way to be approved?  Sometimes 640 is high enough not to need to worry.  I would view the COs a more of an issue then the score itself. 

Frequent Contributor
pdog661

Best bet for a quick one month bump is going to pay down your utl rate to 9%. 

With your current available limits you should only carry $117.00 on them. 

If you have recently purchased your score use the simulator and see if this will move your score enough. 

GW adjustments would be huge if you could get them done.  I did one with Chase, and it posted to my account in 2 days after I spoke with them.

Search HSBC GW and you may be able to find the back door info and numbers.

GL. 

P.S is there a reason you need 20 points, ie lendor stated only way to be approved?  Sometimes 640 is high enough not to need to worry.  I would view the COs a more of an issue then the score itself. 

Regular Contributor
sharpie

I got HSBC removed with a GW submitted through Planet Feedback a few years ago.  GW the others like a madman.  In writing, through Planet Feedback, find as many different addresses as possible.  If you start googling stuff you can come up with addresses to try.  I paid my cc down to 9% and it didn't help, but then I paid them down to 0% and it jumped my score.  I think it was due to the fact they all have pretty low limits, maybe?  Anyway, I tried it again and again over a few months and always the same result.  It was last year, and I don't remember the specific jumps.  Good luck.

Valued Contributor
j_casteel

The underwriters may require you to pay off the old derog before approving you. I know I had to pay any and everything (negative) off before I was approved 4 a mortgage back in 2007.

Like others stated...theres really not much time but getting your UTI down will help.

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $19.5k | NavChek $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA WMC $15k | Freedom $3k | Discover $4k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | Costco TE $9k | BoA Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:686 EX:709 TU:703
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Valued Contributor
beb86

Shinoga wrote:

Hello,

I'm trying to get a conventional illinois smart move mortgage and my mid score is 640..I qualified for the Wells Fargo city lift program which reserved $ 15K in funds to help with closing and down payment assistance. I have until 12/24 to close on a property or I will lose the funds.I need 20 points to get this loan. I was approved for FHA before but it's hard to find condos that are FHA approved. Here my CR right now

Cap1 - Derog but paid..i been trying GW no luck

First Premier - CO - not going to bother paying them it's from 07

HSBC best buy- derog - paid - no luck with GW them so far

HSBC - derog -co paid after co - no luck with GW so far

Cap1 - $ 500 limit $240 balance

BofA -500 limit - $ 480 balance - I just paid the entire balance today

Orchard bank CC-$  300 limit- $ 134.00 balance

I'm not sure what else I can do to get a 20  point increase within the next couple of weeks. Any help is appreciated as I'm running out of time to utilize these funds. 

Pay off your balances and leave maybe $1 on BOA....keep in mind the like to see 4 active TL so you may have to dig up a non traditional TL to qualify 

ccpics2.jpg
Contributor
Shinoga

wgat do you mean by non traditional TL?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+