Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEED SERIOUS HELP W/ CRB FOR MORTGAGE

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NEED SERIOUS HELP W/ CRB FOR MORTGAGE

Here is my sob story... I just got engaged, sold my house so I could buy myself and my fiance our dream home, and paid off all of my debt minus $1k just to keep a balance. Home we find is $320K and I have 10% to put down and net worth of about $50K in stocks and 401K... right now between the two of us we gross about $8100/ mo and only have about $850 in car payments... thats the background...

We write the contract & go through the pre approval process... EXCITED! Her credit comes back as an 812 to my amazement! Mine comes back at a 627 EQ, 593 EX, and ??? TU. Keep in mind I expect my score to rise since I just paid off all of my debt with my year end bonus. BUT since TU has apparently lost my file and 15 years of credit history the lender must use the lowest score. MAJOR PROBLEM since I account for 70% of our income! I subscribe to the 3 score monitoring on this site and have "???" listed for my score with Transunion... now I know why!

Any ideas of what I can do to get this to rise in the next week or so... and also any ideas on what to do about Transunion losing my file. They say the are "investingating" it, but since everyone in their customer service is overseas; their seems to be a language barrier and I can not get a supervisor! I had about $12k in debt I just paid off on credit cards and her ring; does anyone have any ideas how much that might raise my score? The lender says if I only have 2 scores they will use the lowest one... so I need Experian to be at least a 620

I am in dire need of some help since I have to get a pre-approval in the next 5 days or else our contract is void! This means our lot and home, to be built, can be had by anyone else!

Thanks in advance! I look forward to everyone's helpful insight...  Mike
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: NEED SERIOUS HELP W/ CRB FOR MORTGAGE

Sorry for the delay in my response Mike, been a busy week.

Is your loan amount eligible for FHA?  You can check your county's FHA loan limit at https://entp.hud.gov/idapp/html/hicostlook.cfm

Using the "lower of 2 or middle of 3" is a standard practice in the mortgage industry... but FHA doesn't require any certain scores (although lenders are now looking for minimum 500, 530, 550, or 580 scores for FHA, depending on the lender).

Might be a little late now, but I'd encourage you to post your question on how to get your TU score to show up on the general credit section.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.