Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU HBC Denial - FHA Approval - Timeline and Stats *UPDATES*

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU HomeBuyers Choice Approval! Timeline and Stats

NFCU has to tell us Monday if we get a waiver or not. If not then yes it's over.
Message 71 of 148
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I'm sorry 😢
Message 72 of 148
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I've asked in a new thread if I stand a chance in heck of getting a mortgage with this issue. Hopefully someone has some sage words.
Message 73 of 148
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Keep us updated OP , I'm sure pulling for you and your family.
Message 74 of 148
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've learned that people seem much nicer here than on CB lol. We find out more tomorrow. We are working with our backup to our backup to our backup now as well, who is also well aware of the issue and is willing to waive the requirement for transcripts. But we won't pull that trigger until we know for sure.
Message 75 of 148
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Ppl on here are very supportive, I love this forum, it has taught me so much . Good luck , hopefully you won't have to have your backups back up..
Message 76 of 148
Anonymous
Not applicable

Due to huge penalties for a late closing from the builder, we are going to have to start over with another lender, and another house. We are working with our backup lenders at this point. We still have no answer from the CU on what's going to happen... We get our preapproval tomorrow and go shopping again on Wednesday. 

I really don't want to go through this all again. 

Message 77 of 148
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I'm so sorry 😢 atleast you have a backup right ? And don't have to wait it out until you get the tax thing fixed ? Or will that still come into play?
Message 78 of 148
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's the scary part is we don't know if it will or won't. It wasn't supposed to be an issue with NFCU but it is. I can't trust what these loan officers promise anymore. Their underwriters do their own thing and they have zero way of knowing what an UW is going to want.
Message 79 of 148
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Right , I undertow for being leary and not wanting to go thru all of this again . This really does blow .
Message 80 of 148
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.