cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU...Long phone call getting info today!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU...Long phone call getting info today!

Pizza,

Can I asked what your profile looked like at the time of pull? I see you are post BK7 but what about your accounts. What was your credit usage? What side of any installment loans were you on? 

Im looking to use NFCU in the future. I want to be as presentable as possible.

Message 11 of 24
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Pizza,

Can I asked what your profile looked like at the time of pull? I see you are post BK7 but what about your accounts. What was your credit usage? What side of any installment loans were you on? 

I havent pulled yet...will later this year. But It will look just as it does now.  Still tons on inquiires, BK/Paid state tax lien/IIB accts ...  for the baddies. My middle score will be 680-700 for mortgage scores by then, and I always keep 1% util on one card reporting. front/back ends are pratically nothing...$300 total (scholl loan/car loan), and thats it since I PIF my CC's. I have several open accts..AAOA is 2-5 yrs depending on which CRA you look at. 

Did I answer your questions??  If not, let me know, and I can be more specific Smiley Happy

My accts with Navy are as follows....checking/savings/ LOC $15k/ Visa $15k/car loan...

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Pizza,

I havent pulled yet...will later this year. But It will look just as it does now.  Still tons on inquiires, BK/Paid state tax lien/IIB accts ...  for the baddies. My middle score will be 680-700 for mortgage scores by then, and I always keep 1% util on one card reporting. front/back ends are pratically nothing...$300 total (scholl loan/car loan), and thats it since I PIF my CC's. I have several open accts..AAOA is 2-5 yrs depending on which CRA you look at. 

Did I answer your questions??  If not, let me know, and I can be more specific Smiley Happy

My accts with Navy are as follows....checking/savings/ LOC $15k/ Visa $15k/car loan...

FWIW, I know you are gardening and trying to be good Smiley Very Happy

My lender only went back 4 months for inquiries (and it was still a small boatload when you look at it across all three), so don't worry about that or worry about not getting approved with a lot - I didn't have to do anything except fill out a pre-populated spreadsheet that had a yes or no checkbox if new credit was established with the inquiry.  All the big deal that people make about inquiries and it wasn't even a blip on the radar, just my experience..........

I know I'm not the norm, most people don't buy a car in October, refinance it 2/3 weeks later to save 2% and then decide the first week of November to buy a house instead of lease for another year, but a lender can still get you approved for a good rate and it can go very, very smoothly. I think you will be fine, even if you decided to reverse course and go for it now.

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Pizza1!

Just wanted to update you as to my NFCU mortgage process.

We closed right on time on the 9th and the closing process went super smooth.  I had some issues with my LO in terms of communication, however my Loan Processor was great, she always took the time to answer ALL of my questions (I had a lot) and got back to me very quickly.

I got my clear to close on the 5th and had a small heart attack when I was asked to provide another pay stub that same morning.  I was like "Oh, man, here we go again!"

In terms of their estimated closing costs, the estimate was VERY high.  They quoted me at needing almost $10,000 in needed cash to close and it turned out...get this...I GOT MONEY BACK AT CLOSING.  Go figure!  That is awesome, of course, but I was a little irritated as I was feeding a family of 5, Ramen noodle type meals for a month to make sure I saved enough to cover.  hahaa!

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that even though I was getting irritated on the lack of communication that, in the end, NFCU pulled through and made it a very simple process.

I should also add, part of the dilemma I faced was the builder was taking a lot longer than anticipated to finish certain things which caused the appraiser to have to come back twice before the final appraisal was done.  That was NOT Navy Fed's fault at all of course.

Any questions or want to know my final numbers just let me know.  I am an open book!

Message 14 of 24
Truth316
New Contributor

Whats Navy Fed score requirements for their mortgage loans?
Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not completely sure what their score requirements are on the Buyers Choice 100% financing loan but my mid mortgage score was 663 if that helps

Message 16 of 24
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Pizza1!

Just wanted to update you as to my NFCU mortgage process.

We closed right on time on the 9th and the closing process went super smooth.  I had some issues with my LO in terms of communication, however my Loan Processor was great, she always took the time to answer ALL of my questions (I had a lot) and got back to me very quickly.

I got my clear to close on the 5th and had a small heart attack when I was asked to provide another pay stub that same morning.  I was like "Oh, man, here we go again!"

In terms of their estimated closing costs, the estimate was VERY high.  They quoted me at needing almost $10,000 in needed cash to close and it turned out...get this...I GOT MONEY BACK AT CLOSING.  Go figure!  That is awesome, of course, but I was a little irritated as I was feeding a family of 5, Ramen noodle type meals for a month to make sure I saved enough to cover.  hahaa!

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that even though I was getting irritated on the lack of communication that, in the end, NFCU pulled through and made it a very simple process.

I should also add, part of the dilemma I faced was the builder was taking a lot longer than anticipated to finish certain things which caused the appraiser to have to come back twice before the final appraisal was done.  That was NOT Navy Fed's fault at all of course.

Any questions or want to know my final numbers just let me know.  I am an open book!

Sorry for getting back so late to this!! 

Thank you so much for taking the time to come back to my thread and give me info!! Ive decided to wait 2 yrs to buy, UGH.  Signed another lease on my apt last month for a year, and then Id like 1 more year of savings, and letting my INQ/accts age off. I just feel like Ill be sitting better overall if that happens, adn not jump the gun.

Plus my car loan will be paid off as well with them in 2018, so Ill have more history of payments with them on their CC and loan, and let my scores recover from my crazy app sprees, LMAO!!  Smiley Happy  

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I find it funny with NFCU (all banks really) that I asked to borrow 50k for my truck........ No problem. I asked 6 days later to borrow another 21k for my car......... No problem.... I want to borrow 70k for a house........... WOAH!!!! We need 6 pay stubs, 2 years tax returns, all w2s & 1099s, all bank statement, all statements on any financial account possible, credit report, explanation letters, blood of a goat, first born son, and cash on hand to cover all costs to close....
Message 18 of 24
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I find it funny with NFCU (all banks really) that I asked to borrow 50k for my truck........ No problem. I asked 6 days later to borrow another 21k for my car......... No problem.... I want to borrow 70k for a house........... WOAH!!!! We need 6 pay stubs, 2 years tax returns, all w2s & 1099s, all bank statement, all statements on any financial account possible, credit report, explanation letters, blood of a goat, first born son, and cash on hand to cover all costs to close....

Lmbo!!!!!! And dont forget these really high credit limits the give out! But agreed.

Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 19 of 24
Truth316
New Contributor

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.