Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Mortgage Application/Inquiry

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

NFCU Mortgage Application/Inquiry

So yesterday morning, I applied online for a mortgage with NFCU. I hit the submit button and I get a blank page. No thank you for your submission. Nothing! However, I immediately get an alert from CreditKarma that’s coded EquifaxMTG.

I call NFCU and they don’t see an application. She intimates maybe I didn’t hit submit and to try again. I ask if it’s going to be another inquiry because I don’t want 2 inquiries on my report. She’s not sure — says I have to check with Equifax. I’m really annoyed.

So later that evening, I call NFCU and apply over the phone (45 mins) because I’m not chancing that it happens again. I figure my scores are high enough to withstand another inquiry — a decrease of a few points.

Well what do you know. Another credit report was pulled and not treated as a new inquiry. So, I’m guessing since it said EquifaxMTG and not Navy Federal Mortgage, it just all falls into the same bucket.

Does anyone know if that’s what happened?

I’m really glad it’s only 1 inquiry and not of 2.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: NFCU Mortgage Application/Inquiry

Multi pulls in one day from an inquirer are usually folded into one as they are typically considered an error.
Message 2 of 5
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

You could have 10 mortgage pulls from 8-10 different lenders within 30 days for sure (CFPB states 45 days) and only the very first inquiry would ding your score (typically 2-5 pts, depending on your profile).  Don't worry about the inquiries

Message 3 of 5
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Thanks gdale and mauiman. You were right. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

This happened to me back in July, I had to apply twice, very frustrating.

For future reference to anyone getting ready to apply for an NFCU mortgage, use internet explorer and turn off any pop up or ad blockers.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.