Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU Refinance??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU Refinance??

Has anyone here taken out a mortgage or refinanced with NFCU? Are they easy to work with? Is it a good product?

I'm looking to refinance out of my FHA loan soon and to get into a conventional loan. It looks from their website, they offer no PMI on conventional loans - which would be a huge plus if I'm reading correctly. Even with the 1% origination fee, and the 1% rate reduction fee they charge for the advertised rate, I would recoup the money in less than 2 years from the lower payments, if there no PMI is accurate.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Refinance??

Hi Newbie,

Have you contacted NFCU yet regarding their rates as they might apply to you? Have you crunched the numbers between your current mortgage and potential refinance rate? Have you checked that you fall within NFCU's criteria to qualify for a refinance? If you have the ability to walk into a local branch with these questions, they'll give you a nice print out of all the rates you would qualify for with all their programs, including each rate for a given amount of points purchased. If you provide us some more information we can help you out better here. As far as their customer service and competency goes, most of the contributors (including myself) have had a great experience with them.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Refinance??

Thanks - I know I'll qualify, that's not an issue. 

I was more concerned with what they are like to work with - does the LO go MIA for weeks at a time, leaving you in the dark on what's going on? Or are they easy to contact and work with, available to answer questions. Are they a good servicer to their loans? Or does it seem like something is always going wrong?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.