Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU and DCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU and DCU

Does anyone have any experience getting mortgages from either of these CU's? I already have a auto loan and CC with DCU, but only a CC with Navy. I wasn't going to purchase until later this year, but I keep seeing some excellent deals so I guess this is a good time to buy. I would like to stick with a lender I have a relationship with. As I typed this I just realized why I was going to wait until the fall I am filing an extention for my taxes and I am self employed. Would my 2013 and 2014 tax returns and my current 1099 be sufficient? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: NFCU and DCU

Yes, you can show the 2014 extension, the 1099, the 2013 and 2012 taxes and still get a mortgage. Hopefully you show enough income after business expenses to support the loan. That is one of the difficulties with the self-employed borrowers I see. As a result, the 'bank statment' loan has made a come back so if you do fall into the catagory of not showing enough income, then check out that loan product.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU and DCU

Thank you for that info. I think I'm going to move forward with getting preapproved.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.