cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU review for clear to close on VA refi cash out?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU review for clear to close on VA refi cash out?

I got an email from our LO yesterday at noon that our final had gone to review for clear to close, but so far we haven't heard anything back.  Does this mean that they are just reviewing the file to make sure everything is there?  Is there any cause for concern at this point that the loan won't close??  So nervous since we seem to be so close on signing this thing.

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU review for clear to close on VA refi cash out?

If its anything like mine.

I received a clear to close last wednesday. There were a handful of conditions that we had to get together over the next few days. On Monday my processor sent over the closing disclosure to read and sign. After you sign the disclosure they have to wait 3 days for closing. So my closing is on Thursday. Then add on top that you have to wait 3 business days after closing for funding to transfer. Im not going to see my cash out until next Tuesday.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our LO said that once we get the clear to close, it takes 10 days and I'm assuming that includes the 3 day wait for signing the disclosure and then the 3 day wait to fund.  I'm assuming that since we just hit 60 days from the day we apped they are going to want some updated documents, like bank statements, etc.?

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

When my final application went to UW it took a few days until it was reviewed.

Yours was probably sent over to UW for review. It will sit in que (depending how busy they are it can be a day to 3 or 4 days), then when they finally get to it they will review to see if anything needs updated or added in terms of conditions. It will go back to your processor who will work with you to meet those conditions. Then once all conditions are met it will either go back to UW or you will be cleared to close.

For me, my processor was really good. She caught all issues ahead of time so when it went to UW it was approved with a clear to close.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

THanks for the info...no news yet so maybe tomorrow.  Was hoping to miss a house payment this month but it looks like we have to make this one if they take another 2 days to review and come back with conditions.  Arrggghhh.

Message 5 of 9
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

I'm in the same boat, mine went to review to close last week.  The waiting sucks.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the waiting does suck...day 2.5 and still no email from the LO on the clear to close.  Hoping we hear something today because I am pushing my May payment up to the end of the grace period and would love to have to not make it this month.  This VA process is certainly full of waiting periods that make you way to anxious to hear something.

Wow just as I am typing this we got the clear to close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Message 7 of 9
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes the waiting does suck...day 2.5 and still no email from the LO on the clear to close.  Hoping we hear something today because I am pushing my May payment up to the end of the grace period and would love to have to not make it this month.  This VA process is certainly full of waiting periods that make you way to anxious to hear something.

Wow just as I am typing this we got the clear to close!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

That's great news!  I just found out mine didn't actually go to review, they are still waiting on our transcripts from the IRS.

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oldman425 - sorry to hear that...i know this wait for the appraisal, then wait for the...is just gut wrenching...it will happen though.  I found out yesterday our signing is on the 11th and we fully fund on the 17th.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.