Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NFCU

I am confused over when you can use NFCU. Their website says only active duty personnel can use them. On these forums I see many people who are going through NFCU for their mortgages. Are they all currently serving? Why can't military veterans use them for Mortgages? Or have I mis-read the website. I served in the Navy in the early 1970's.

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

Re: NFCU

You do not have to be active duty to be a member or use them for your mortgage. I agree, their website doesn't explain it very well.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The same does not work for old DOD Contractor Civilians, does it? I no longer work for them but just wondering. Thanks.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you, Tracy for the answer. Perhaps that will give us another avenue to get the best rate. I will go back an re-read their website.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

You do have to be eligible for membership. You have to be a member to apply for any of their products. If you aren't eligible for membership, be very careful about how you go about gaining eligibility. They're known to be very, very aggressive.
Message 5 of 10
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

Aggressive? Nah, I was approved with no ties to military, I've done work for the government via (FBO) Federal Business Opportunities, and my small/mid sized construction companies is listed with (SAM) System of award management, therefore making me a Governement contractor that can do work for the GSA or DoD. I doubt they checked, butttttt they approved me anyways!
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They check. They don't always check when you first join, but when you're looking to get balls deep in their credit products, they're well known for thoroughly vetting your actual eligibility. And they'll freeze your account while they do it.
Message 7 of 10
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

They have DoD contractor listed on their website as a basis for eligibility, technically since I have done a drywall instillation for the DoD maybe this is one of the reasons they allowed me to join? Who knows, really hope that doesn't happen... Just got approved for a Flagship with 13.3k.. My highest limit Smiley Sad
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks to all of you for telling about your experiences with NCFU. I think I will stick with the Broker I have already spoken with. Thanks  creditplz for your insight.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, DoD contractors are eligible. I don't know the rules for contractors.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.