Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NMAC - 30 days late

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NMAC - 30 days late

Hi,

due in large part to my Outlook bill reminder getting corrupted, I missed an auto payment in July. Looks like I could not have picked a worse creditor to screw up with as they told me they report to all the CRAs if even a DAY late. So to make a long story short, I'm looking at a 30 day late ding for this installment account any day now.

Any suggestions on how to get started disputing this? What kind of shot do I have?

And any idea what kind of hit I'm looking at? My scores are around 720 (all utilization) with only 1 30 day credit card late about 5 years ago. I'm monitoring Equifax through myfico but have not gotten this hit yet.  Its been a few days since they told me they reported it.  Any chance I got lucky or can it take a while?

Thanks! 

Message Edited by weigojmi on 08-16-2007 10:07 AM
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Platinum25
New Contributor

Re: NMAC - 30 days late

NMAC = Nissan Motor Acceptance Corp?

If so, when you say they report if even a day late do you mean a day past the 30 day mark?  Or a day past the actual due date??

I know you are supposed to have a 10 day grace period after the original due date before a payment is assessed a late payment fee.  I'm just wondering because my bill was due on the 5th and I paid on the 10th this month (first month ever because I was on vaca) and I'm wondering if I'm going to get hit with a 30 day late, even though technically I wasn't.

Thanks.
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, that NMAC.  I was told by one of their reps that if its received one day after the due date that they report as 30 day late. But take that with a grain of salt.

What's also interesting is that they said they reported it to all the CRA's at that time but it still has not hit Equifax at least.  Wonder if I was lucky or the "hammer" is delayed for some reason...?
Message 3 of 7
Platinum25
New Contributor

I don't even understand how they think they can get away with that.  That definitely has to be a disputable item if it is true.  GREAT, now I'm all flustered! Smiley Happy  I haven't had a ding for the better part of 5 years now and if Nissan is gonna start with this then I'll just get rid of the car.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear ya, this is my first in about the same amount of time.  I'll post any updates I have on this.
Message 5 of 7
Platinum25
New Contributor

OK, I just got off the phone with them...he said that because I live in IL I have a 14 day grace period from the due date before a late payment is assessed to the account, and they do not report 30 days late unless it truly is 30+ days late.  I told him of you experience with the rep and how they said they would report 30 days late after the first date and he said that they do no such thing.  Hope this helps.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure does, thanks!

Sounds like the grace period varies from state to state?  That can't be right can it?

So it has to be 31 days for them to report as such?  I actually paid it over the phone with them ON the 30th day.  Wonder if I have a case?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.