Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NO DOC LOAN

tag
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: NO DOC LOAN

The highest bank portfolio loan I've seen recently is a 90% LTV (10%) by Trustco on a primary only.

Most portfolio loans have a larger down payment requirement, 25% down is common for a portfolio loan.

For true no income verification type loans, private investors are looking for 65% max LTV and they actually prefer investors rather than primary resident type loans.

Call Trustco, they are your best bet.

Message 11 of 20
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

You're gonna need at least 3.5% down on that 400K home you want so you are looking at $14,000 down. If you can find a program like we did where you are able to roll some of the downpayment and closing costs into a 2nd mortgage, you might be able to do it but your salary is insufficient for $400K AND you have to meet the credit requirements.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 12 of 20
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:
You're gonna need at least 3.5% down on that 400K home you want so you are looking at $14,000 down. If you can find a program like we did where you are able to roll some of the downpayment and closing costs into a 2nd mortgage, you might be able to do it but your salary is insufficient for $400K AND you have to meet the credit requirements.

That 3.5% down payment is only available with a FULL DOC (all documentation) loan.

3.5% is what FHA requires and the guidelines require the borrower to submit bank statements, tax returns, W-2's or 1099's, P&L's for self-employed, etc. It is the opposite of a NO DOC loan.

Message 13 of 20
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Okay. So this is a back door option...sounds like nothing but trouble given OP finances. But some folks like to find out the hard way.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 14 of 20
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

I wouldnt call it a back door option. Its a tool for the self employed to get a mortgage and keep their deductions.

Message 15 of 20
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

right so right now, Im paying my credit cards down they will all be paid off my mid feb... So who should I call about applying for a no-doc loan?

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think you will find a no doc loan with much less than 50% of the total purchase price as a down payment.  It just does not happen anymore unfortunately.

Message 17 of 20
creditwatcher2012
Frequent Contributor

really? so you dont think I could get away with 20-25% down?

would td bank or BOA or Chase do it?

if not do you know any banks who would?

thx

Message 18 of 20
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

You gotta find banks that do them. But im telling you, you need amazing credit and you need cash.

Message 19 of 20
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

If you find a private investor it would make it easier. But even some of the private ones I have dealt with in the past have raised their requirements.

YMMV but you need to do your homework and a lot of research.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.