Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National City: 2 pmts or nothing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

National City: 2 pmts or nothing

I have a few rental properties, and my problem concerns National City Mortgage.  When I have been behind two payments with other companies, they allow you to pay the payment which is 60-days late so you don't go to 90 days, even though you still owe a more recent payment.  Oddly, NCM has a policy of not accepting one payment on just the far month without payment for both months.  Does anyone have a work-around (supervisor phone contact perhaps) where the logic of accepting one payment rather than no payment would be better received?  I'm worried this rigidity is going to force me into big trouble, and I'm not qualified for loan mod.  Thanks.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: National City: 2 pmts or nothing

Have you attempted to obtain a loan modification?  If not, don't count yourself out because this is a rental property, lenders are willing to modify mortgages no matter what the occupancy status of the home is.  Unfortunately I don't have a workaround for them not accepting just 1 month of your payment, persistance is my old recommendation there.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.