Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

National Lender or local lender

tag
ajzjmsmom
Established Member

National Lender or local lender

I am interested in buying a home and am currently talking to a national lender.  My realtor has local lender she recommends but I feel comfortable working with the lender I have been talking to.  He is based in GA and I will be buying a house in TN but the bank he works for has a brick and mortar in TN.  Are there any benefits to working with the local lender as opposed to the lender I am currently talking to?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: National Lender or local lender

Yes, it will make your offer better for the seller to accept to use a local lender. I hope your national lender is not Wells Fargo. If it is then definately use another lender for your approval.

Having said that, you can use whatever lender you want to use to actually close. You might want to get your approval through both the local and national lender and compare the results.

Message 2 of 3
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: National Lender or local lender

I recommend a local lender over a national lender. Also, check with lenders to see what if any closing costs assistance they provide. If you buy from a national builder, expect they will require that you be preapproved by their own lender.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.