New Contributor

Nationstar Mortgage via KB Home

First post on this site.... 

Looking for advice from anyone with experience with Nationstar Mortgage and/or building through KB Home. We want to do FHA, do they honor the 580 min credit score? Do they use the credit report of both me and my wife or just use mine because my income is higher?

Thanks in advance...

JS

Super Contributor

Re: Nationstar Mortgage via KB Home

The lowest middle (median) credit score of all applicants is used.  So if it is just you on the mortgage, just your scores will be used... if it's you & your wife, then the lower of the two of yours would be used.

Not sure what NationStar's minimum credit score on FHA is that they'll accept.  FHA will go all the way down to a 500 (anything less than a 580 will require 10% down).

Valued Contributor

JBARTVegas wrote:

Looking for advice from anyone with experience with Nationstar Mortgage and/or building through KB Home. We want to do FHA, do they honor the 580 min credit score? Do they use the credit report of both me and my wife or just use mine because my income is higher?

Thanks in advance...

JS

Why don't you simply call an LO and ask them? What a lender's guideline will accomodate may not be reflected by an individual's experience.

Regular Contributor

My fiance and I got our FHA for our new construction KB home in September last year via Nationstar and their min was 620. I don't know if it has changed since then. Since we both were on the loan they used both our scores and incomes. They used the lowest middle score out of both of us and that ended up being 625. We got a 4.25 rate.

Valued Contributor

JBARTVegas wrote:

Thanks in advance...

JS

Firstly, KB Home's lender is now called Home Community Mortgage ... jointly owned by KB Home and Nationstar.

Since you have to be pre-approved by HCM in order to sign a purchase agreement anyway, I recommend that you contact an HCM loan officer [via your KB Home sales counselor] and let them try to approve you. If they cannot approve you, you are free to use another lender of your choice and still receive the closing costs assistance/contribution that KB Home offers. All the best with your home purchase pursuit.

New Contributor

Thanks for the replies!

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.