Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Fed Refi Denial

tag
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Navy Fed Refi Denial

@Anonymous wrote:
So what good is the EQ Credit Score to me if it is so disparate from the FICO scores?

As you may see from other threads on these Forums, these non-FICO scores - lovingly referred to as "FAKOs" - are not very useful at all.  Since the vast majority of creditors (and I suspect nearly all mortgage lenders) use FICO scores, products like the Equifax Credit Score are meaningless.

Message 11 of 12
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Navy Fed Refi Denial

@Anonymous wrote:

So what good is the EQ Credit Score to me if it is so disparate from the FICO scores?

It's worthless if you're trying to compare it to an EQ FICO score. It was only a few months ago that EQ came out with their own proprietary "Equifax Credit Score" but it does not use the same scoring formulas as FICO plus the score range of the ECS is 280-850 whereas the EQ FICO ranges from 300-850.

Equifax will still sell you a FICO score but you have to look very hard to find it. You can get to it here: www.equifax.com/myfico-products.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.