cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal has been worse than I could ever have imagined.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Navy Federal has been worse than I could ever have imagined.

In March I applied for a mortgage with NFCU.  The next day I received an approval email stating that my loan officer would contact me in 24-48 hours.  I didn't hear from her.  Three days later I called the LO and left a message.  She finally gets back to me two days after that.  She acted as if I'm an expert on VA financing and NFCU policies.  She didn't give me any information I didn't specifically ask for.  Anyways, I contact her a couple of times and every time she gets back to me two or three days later.  Finally I asked her if I can use the VA loan for a townhouse and she says no, not unless it's in an approved complex.  She didn't ask anything about the place, just a flat no.  Well, I contact a morgage advisor who looks up the property and it turns out I can use the VA loan for it.  At this point I'm beyond pissed, but I figure I'm in too deep to jump ship.  So last week I decide to make an offer on the townhouse and I email the loan officer to ask her again to confirm that she received all of my supplemental documents (I asked her to confirm this a month ago when I sent them in.....she never responded).  Anyways, after two days of not hearing from her I call customer support and request a new loan officer.  The gal on the phone is very apologetic, and says no problem and someone will get back to me in 24 hours.  This was last Thursday.  Guess what?  Haven't heard a peep from NFCU.  Needless to say I've gotten pre-approved by another lendor and as soon as I have my house I will be closing all of my NFCU accounts.  I mean, really?  This is how N-A-V-Y Federal treats veterans!!!!!!!   Jeez, Navy is right there in the g*ddamn name!!!! Rant over.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal has been worse than I could ever have imagined.

That was pretty much our experience with them as well and why we went with another lender early in the process. Our LO's lack of response was enough for me to see that it wwasnt going to work. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal has been worse than I could ever have imagined.

I'm so sorry Smiley Sad we went with Veterans United and have been so thrilled. We usually get a response within a few hours at the most and it have been less than two months from start to close. I'd totally recommend them if you find yourself needing a VA loan in the future.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.