Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need 1 point for middle score to be at 620

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need 1 point for middle score to be at 620

I am currently in the process of obtaining a mortgage and my middle score is 619. I met with lender today and noticed that a PFD account was still reporting on EQ (been a month since I paid, removed by other 2 CRAs). I gave her a copy of the paperwork showing that they agreed to delete and she says it takes 5-7 days to re-score. I am hoping like heck that the deletion will give me at least a 1 point increase. Any thoughts? This is a collection account. The OC is not reporting to EQ. I have only 2 other collections from 2005 reporting to EQ. (The one I PFD'd was from 2008) Thanks!

As part of my FICO fitness challenge, I plan to PFD my remaining 4 collection accounts (from all 3 CRAs) but I'm scared to touch them right now due to dropping my score.

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need 1 point for middle score to be at 620

I would think your score would go up when this baddie drops off. Its from 2008 and a 1 point increase isn't an unreasonable expectation.

How recent were the other 4 CA's?

Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks! The others are  from 2005 or older. Actually one should be due to drop off in October 2010.

Keeping my fingers crossed...

Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else?

Message 4 of 19
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

I would think the deletion of this CA would give you a point. It's tough to tell, however, when there are collections remaining on your reports.

Did the deletions help your scores on the two that have dropped it already?

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, at least a 30 point increase on both EX and TU. I have no collections on EX (655) and one old one that recently updated  on TU which brought my score back down from 627 to 609. The other 2 collections I do have are reporting to EQ are from 2003 and 2006. And I dont know if this matters but the OC is NOT reporting to EQ, but is reporting to EX and TU. Thanks.

Message 6 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump...

Message 7 of 19
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

How is your CC utilization?

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

CC utilization is at 0% for one card and @ 9% for the other. Those are the only 2 that I have.

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok here is the update: Got a score watch alert today saying no change in score but the accout was updated. Even though I sent them the letter from  Portfolio agreeing to delete after the settlement, the is what Equifax updated the account to (see below) I dont understand why this is going on. Its been 2 months since I paid this and Portfolio agreed to delete it. Any suggestions?

1 of your accounts reported changes
PORTFOLIO RECOVERY ASSOC 

Account opened: 6/2008
Description: Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in process
Settlement accepted on this account
Paid collection

Previously reportedNewly reported
Balance:$306$0
Past due:$0$0
Status:At least 120 days or more than four payments past dueAt least 120 days or more than four payments past due
Last activity:6/1/20076/1/2007
Description:Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in process
Collection account
Consumer disputes - reinvestigation in process
Settlement accepted on this account
Paid collection

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.