Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need 15 points!

tag
CARLA82
Valued Member

Need 15 points!

I am trying to get an FHA Loan, and I live in West Virgina. Does anyone know any lenders that doesn't have a min. FICO score? I went to the bank to get pre approved, everything was good on my credit and DTI is excellent, but my mid score is only 565. I don't have any CC to pay on to raise my score, and my bank says I need a 580 for them to send me through. What else can I do to get those 15 points? All I have on my credit is old med bill and car loan that I pay every month.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Need 15 points!

some lenders will do below 580.

you will pay thru the nose on rate and fees.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Re: Need 15 points!

@CARLA82 wrote:
I am trying to get an FHA Loan, and I live in West Virgina. Does anyone know any lenders that doesn't have a min. FICO score? I went to the bank to get pre approved, everything was good on my credit and DTI is excellent, but my mid score is only 565. I don't have any CC to pay on to raise my score, and my bank says I need a 580 for them to send me through. What else can I do to get those 15 points? All I have on my credit is old med bill and car loan that I pay every month.

I don't think there is a short term fix. If you have nothing on the reports to fix, then the next thing I would suggest is getting a credit card to help build some positive credit. Go check out the credit card forum and see which card may work best for you.

Other than that, I don't see much else you can do.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.