Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice Please

tag
nvme
Established Member

Need Advice Please

I contacted one of my old creditors to obtain letter from them stating I do not owe (I did a Pay for Delete) to satisfy one of my conditions. I checked my credit and my score dropped from 659 to 602! Apparently this creditor is now reporting it as a charge off with a balance owing after our agreement was to settle a balance to have it erased on my credit report. I did let the bank know what occured and they said to get a letter and will do a rapid rescore. What is a rapid rescore? I keep calling the creditor requesting a pay for delete letter and they keep sending me a letter stating its paid on full with no further obligation but nothing about a PFD. Don't they record the calls? What recourse do I have?

NvMe
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

Re: Need Advice Please

Do you have anything in writing from them saying they would delete?

Starting Score: 553
Current Score: 710
Goal Score: 659

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
EX:659
EQ: 553
TU: 520
Goal: 659
Message 2 of 8
jkwheaton78
Regular Contributor

Oh sorry, I just read that you don't have anything in writing.  When I was doing all of my stuff, I had to have something in writing in order for them to honor it.  I made the same mistake by not getting 1 in writing and now I'm stuck with it, but at least it shows paid in full and closed.

Starting Score: 553
Current Score: 710
Goal Score: 659

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

8/18/2012 Lender Pull:
EX:659
EQ: 553
TU: 520
Goal: 659
Message 3 of 8
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

No recourse unless you have it in writing.

They may still delete it. Just doesnt happen overnight.

This has been mentioned numerous times. If you make an agreement for a PFD get something in writing, it can be emailed as long as has company name and an individual name that you spoke to on it.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 8
nvme
Established Member

The creditor said it takes 30-90 days to remove.

NvMe
Message 5 of 8
BCullum
New Contributor

Yea you have to have everything in writing, in order to make sure they honor it.

Lender Pull EQ 745 EX 734 TU 722
Message 6 of 8
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Then all you can do is be patient.

Some lenders, creditors do follow through with what they say ( hard to trust them though ) so be patient and see if comes off.

A rapid rescore may show its removal after a few weeks.
Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 7 of 8
nvme
Established Member

I hope so. This couldn't have happened at the worst time. =/

NvMe
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.