Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice on Hiring a Realtor and Lender

tag
MrsTCastle

Need Advice on Hiring a Realtor and Lender

Hello

We are new to Minneapolis and have no friends or family in the area.  What advise is there to help us through selecting a realtor and lendor?  Also, what fees are associated with hiring a realor?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Need Advice on Hiring a Realtor and Lender

@MrsTCastle wrote:

Hello

We are new to Minneapolis and have no friends or family in the area.  What advise is there to help us through selecting a realtor and lendor? coworkers referral?  Also, what fees are associated with hiring a realor? no. seller splits their fee with buyer rep(your realtor)

Thanks in advance!

i have sent people to activerain.com and had the client search for realtors and read their blogs..... you can tell a lot about a person that way

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

@MrsTCastle wrote:

Hello

We are new to Minneapolis and have no friends or family in the area.  What advise is there to help us through selecting a realtor and lendor?  Also, what fees are associated with hiring a realor?

Thanks in advance!

If you are a buyer using a Realtor, you pay no fees to the Realtor. If you are a seller using a Realtor to market and sell your home, then its negotiable between you and the Realtor.  

Message 3 of 5
MrsTCastle

Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
Glenn_S
Contributor

What area are you in? I am in Bloomington...maybe I can make a recommendation...

Starting Score: 617 on 1/2009
March 2015 Scores (Lender Pulled-Mortgage): TU: 733, EQ: 719 EX: 789
MyFico Score August 2023: 845;

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.