cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Guidance, Please?

tag
Karma007

Need Guidance, Please?

Thanks in advance. I am the co-applicant on a refi. Credit scores (about) - 710 TU - 698 EXP - 692 EQ Two negatives reporting: (1) CA $117 owed. Reporting to all three. I'd like to send DV letter, but I don't know if that is the right thing to do at the moment. (2) Old CU acct, $342 owed. It was my account but I didn't know I had a balance until my report was pulled, but I'm willing to pay. Reporting to only 2 bureaus. I've been in contact, and told them that I would send a check to pay in full. Thing is, now the lender wants a credit supplement on the 2nd one (CU). Before I've had a chance to pay them. Do I call them to try to rush to pay it before this supplement conference happens? Or let it ride? What is the likelihood this would adversely affect the loan? Or is it typical for the lender to ask you to pay old accounts before they flat out deny you? I need to calm my nerves.. help!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Need Guidance, Please?

You can offer to have it paid at closing if the lender will be ok with that.

Message 2 of 3
Karma007

Re: Need Guidance, Please?

Thank you for that information. If they bring it up again, I will definitely suggest that.

I ended up calling the loan processor directly and was honest about it and told them that the account hadn't been paid. I'm not sure WHY they were under that impression, since apparently that was the reason for requesting the supplement. Since then, neither of us (EQ or myself) have been able to get in touch with the stupid CU anyway. They've documented all the efforts to reach them and I'm not worrying about it anymore. LOL

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.