cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice NC First Time Home Buyer Where do I begin? Financing suggestions?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advice NC First Time Home Buyer Where do I begin? Financing suggestions?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Lemmus
Established Contributor

Re: Need advice NC First Time Home Buyer Where do I begin? Financing suggestions?

...you really need to work with a realtor even in a private sale ...the seller may not be willing to pay a realtor but you should be ...preferably one with a real estate attorney in the office ...there are just too many ways for you to get sucker punched in a private sale

...once you find a realtor, listen to them in finding a mortgage lender with experience in your local market ...one who actually closes loans on time ...then have both look at the property you're interested in ...and take their advice.

...you won't have any problem qualifying for a 300k mortgage with your financials/scores ...just be willing to use and listen to professionals in the field ...hth

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 2 of 4
wagsk1
Regular Contributor

Re: Need advice NC First Time Home Buyer Where do I begin? Financing suggestions?

my brother works for a mortgage banker in N.C.  I will try to pass along his info to you

Message 3 of 4
Glenn_S
Contributor

What Lemmus said...

The seller may expect the appraisal to be that high, but most people have an inflated sense of what their property is worth. Use a good agent. They are SOOOOO valuable in navigating the process and also will educate you and keep you calm (ask how I know!).

If you are a member of a Credit Union, they can help as well. My LO is fantastic, even communicationg with me while she was on vacation.

Do not try and go it alone...you'll get burned...

Starting Score: 617 on 1/2009
March 2015 Scores (Lender Pulled-Mortgage): TU: 733, EQ: 719 EX: 789
MyFico Score August 2023: 845;

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.